Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

Remove gap between header and menu1

Old Nov 24, 2010, 04:12 PM
acalper

1 posts · Nov 2010
using 3.5.3, I have a logo image in the header. Between it and the pages menu there is a large gap I can't find the way to get rid of. You can see it at http://s1421.at1.pressdns.com/

Also, I'd like to style the pages menu to run the same width as the logo image with the buttons centered as it is currently. In other words, I want to extend the dark blue color to either side of the current menu bar so the color runs the same width as the logo above it. Width of 1024 px).

Ideas?
Old Nov 24, 2010, 09:18 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
With your current setup using the following will add a border to the menu to get rid of the gap.
HTML Code:
#menu1 {
border:1px solid black !important;
width:1022px !important;
}
To center the menu you will need to use %page-center instead of %pages but when you do wrap it in a div so you can style it as you like. It would look something like the following.
HTML Code:
<div id="centermenu">%page-center</div>
Then you can style it in ATO>Add HTML/CSS Inserts>CSS Inserts with something like the following to give it a full width.
HTML Code:
#centermenu {
width: 1022px;
border: 1px solid black;
}
Of course you may have to do some additional tweaking to get to look just like you want.