Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

Blank menu item that links to static homepage

Old Nov 11, 2010, 05:13 PM
Pshill

5 posts · Nov 2010
I have menu bar working fine but there is one menu item very narrow and with no title that links to my home page. My home page is a static page and already has a menu item. All my pages have correct corresponding menu items. I am not excluding any pages currently. Attached png shows the small black meni item Any ideas? Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	blaankmenuitem.png
Views:	1909
Size:	21.3 KB
ID:	881  
Old Nov 11, 2010, 11:55 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Are you using the Atahualpa or WordPress menu?
Old Nov 5, 2012, 11:29 AM
capelady

50 posts · Mar 2010
I had the same issue and just found the problem. When I blanked out ATO --> Menu 1 (Page Menu) --> Home Link in Page Menu Bar, to omit the extra "Home" link, I inadvertently put a space in there, causing a blank <span> to be displayed in the menu bar. I finally went back and made sure I hit the delete or backspace key to make sure there were no spaces in there, and it got rid of it.

Just wanted to post this, so that someone else with this problem can try this solution, since I didn't find it elsewhere.

I tried to post it on "How to remove extra 'Home' page in the menu", http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthr...page+menu+item, but I couldn't. It might be helpful to warn those doing that about not putting a space in there.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 12:40 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Thanks capelady! I made this into it's own FAQ and gave you the credit (changed it a bit) http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthr...2296#post92296