Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

[SOLVED] change header title color

Old Nov 8, 2010, 08:19 AM
Sustainable PF

28 posts · Nov 2010
Hello,

I have been searching this forum and google for a few hours and still can not figure out how to change my web site header text's color.

I have gone into the configure header area and clicked on the 'blog title color' box, selected my color and saved. No go.

I also added: color: #006400; to the Blog Title text area - no go.

I checked the header.css and the style.css and I see no mentioned of color for headers.

I was able to change the color of the Blog Tagline easily (by adding: color: #006400; to the text area).

A change this simple seems like a no brainer but I can't get it to work! Please help!

(i've also made the attempted color selection in both FF and IE)

I'm using v3.4.9
Old Nov 8, 2010, 11:15 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
This screenshot shows you where to put the color for the title text.
Old Nov 8, 2010, 11:46 AM
Sustainable PF

28 posts · Nov 2010
Hi and thanks for the reply.

This was the area I was referring to not working for me. I click the Blog Title Color box and the window opens allowing me to pick a color of my choice. I do so but the color does not appear in the box (000000 in this case) and when I refresh my blog the text remains the default (light grey). I am unsure how to make my color selection to "stick" or work properly! I can seem to get black or light grey but no other colors.

Any ideas?

(for example I click on an eye-sore green and the letters CFCFCF appear in the box, but the background color of the box remains light grey, and that is what shows on my header on the blog as well (light grey).)

edit: screenshot: http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/g...colorissue.jpg

site URL (work in progress!): http://sustainablepersonalfinance.com/

Last edited by Sustainable PF; Nov 8, 2010 at 11:56 AM. Reason: adding content
Old Nov 8, 2010, 04:30 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
After you pick a color hit the enter key. That should make the color "stick".
Old Nov 9, 2010, 09:26 AM
Sustainable PF

28 posts · Nov 2010
Yea, it should - but does not. I'm quite confused at this point
Old Nov 9, 2010, 09:29 AM
Sustainable PF

28 posts · Nov 2010
Alrighty - figured it out. I feel silly.

I select the colour and to the right various shades of that colour are displayed. I tried clicking on that sidebar, then hit enter and it finally "stuck". I didn't know I had to select from both boxes! Lesson learned.

**SOLVED**