Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » RSS, Feeds & Subscribing »

[SOLVED] How do I change the images used in the RSS/Comments feature in Atahualpa 3.5

Old Nov 3, 2010, 11:30 PM
derekwbeck

151 posts · Nov 2010
I found the files in /images/exclusive and changed them... but there was no effect on my page. Ideally I can change the coding to them... but I'm happy leaving the coding alone and replacing the source images. If you can point me to the coding, I may add some more links (like twitter, facebook, etc).

www.derekbeck.com/1775/ (still under construction)

Thanks,
Derek
Old Nov 4, 2010, 12:03 AM
derekwbeck

151 posts · Nov 2010
Okay, I figured out the images are at the top level in

/1775/wp-content/themes/atahualpa353/images/

However, only the non-hover image seems to be there. For example, if you go to my site, and point to the comments, you'll find that annoying pink icon for comments still remains. Any ideas?
Old Nov 4, 2010, 04:20 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
the easiest way to do this is with a CSS Insert. If you look a a page and then at the source, you will see that the comment icon is using the class 'comment-icon'. if you again look in the source for 'comment-icon, you will find this CSS
HTML Code:
a.comments-icon:link,
a.commentss-icon:active,
a.comments-icon:visited {
	background: transparent url(http://www.derekbeck.com/1775/wp-content/themes/atahualpa353/images/comment-gray.png) no-repeat scroll center left;
}

a.comments-icon:hover {
	background: transparent url(http://www.derekbeck.com/1775/wp-content/themes/atahualpa353/images/comment.png) no-repeat scroll center left;
}
(oh look...there's a bug...the active should be a.comments-icon:active not a.commentss-icon:active - time for a BUGFIX)

so in your case you can duplicate this and add it to CSS Inserts and change the image to what ever you want.
Old Nov 4, 2010, 01:00 PM
derekwbeck

151 posts · Nov 2010
juggledad: thanks for this advice. i did hunt around in the code, but apparently i didn't look hard enough, or perhaps am not using the right tools for my hunt. (I use Google Chrome's inspection feature.)

I don't suppose there is a straightforward way to add additional buttons to that menu? There are all of those extra images in "exclusive", and yet no direct way to add them it seems. I'd really like just facebook, twitter, and RSS.

Thanks, Derek
Old Nov 4, 2010, 01:01 PM
derekwbeck

151 posts · Nov 2010
or is there a good WP plugin that will do the above fore me?
Old Nov 4, 2010, 01:08 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
If you want them for teh posts, did you check out these options? (Edit POST/PAGE INFO ITEMS)
Quote:
%sociable% - Displays little icons, linking the post to social bookmark sites. Requires the plugin Sociable. Customize the output at the Sociable Options Page.
Suggested settings:
"Tagline:" - Will be ignored
"Position:" - Uncheck all boxes
"Use CSS:" - Uncheck this
"Open in new window:" - Check or uncheck, will be used
Click "Save Changes"
%share-this% - Displays little icons, linking the post to social bookmark sites. Requires the plugin Share This.
Old Nov 5, 2010, 12:55 PM
The Boat Galley

10 posts · Oct 2010
I'm using Ata 3.3.3 with WP 3.0.1 -- I'd like to have the Subscriptions in the header, but sort of like Derek, I want RSS and E-mail (both via Feedburner) and then a link to my Facebook Fan page. I also use Sociable in individual posts, but those aren't for my subscriptions.

Right now, I have the subscription links in my sidebar, but I'd really rather use that lovely space in the header and use the Sidebar for other stuff.

Alternatively, I'd like to widgetize the header. I've tried (I was able to put a widget in the Kicker) and while I can get the "Header Sidebar" to appear in my list of widgets, I can't get it to actually show on my site -- and yes, I did have a widget in it to test. Despite reading numerous posts here on how to widgetize an area, I'm obviously not putting the php code in the right place. So if I can't include FB in the Subscriptions in the header, could you please tell me exactly where to put the php code to get the widget to appear at the right side of my header?

Thank you, thank you!