Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Need help with styling (Buddypress + ATA)

Old Oct 25, 2010, 12:18 PM
Stang5_0

26 posts · Apr 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Send a message via ICQ to Stang5_0 Send a message via Yahoo to Stang5_0 Send a message via Skype™ to Stang5_0
Hello All!

I've been very successful so far in getting things to work nicely although I'd like to clean a few more things up.

My forums page seems awfully squished up, see http://stangsgarage.com/forums/

On this page as well,where New Topic is located, I'd like to change the grey color to something else, can anyone please tell me where that setting would be?

Also, how would one go about making the text look buttonized like that of the default theme for BP?

I like the clean look of that aspect of the default theme and I also think the font might be a bit smaller then ATA.

Aside from little tweaks here and there, I think this theme is awesome indeed. Just trying to come up with a Hybrid of this and the default theme for BP.

Thanks,
Stang
www.stangsgarage.com
Old Oct 27, 2010, 01:20 PM
Stang5_0

26 posts · Apr 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Send a message via ICQ to Stang5_0 Send a message via Yahoo to Stang5_0 Send a message via Skype™ to Stang5_0
Here is one part of what I am trying to ask if it helps at all.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot.JPG
Views:	1720
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	854  
Old Oct 27, 2010, 03:02 PM
Stang5_0

26 posts · Apr 2009
Phoenix, AZ
I've looked, and I'm not really clear where I make these changes. Is it the CSS in general?

Thanks,
Stang
Old Oct 27, 2010, 04:31 PM
Stang5_0

26 posts · Apr 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Ok, that is where I am working with it at, but no changes. So I'm just trying different variations of the code.
Old Oct 28, 2010, 01:38 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Would you try this in ATO>Add HTML/CSS Inserts>CSS Inserts and let me know if that is some of what you are looking to accomplish? You might want to make the gray a bit lighter though. Also do you have a URL to the page you showed in your screenshot that I can take a look at? Is this something I will have to login to see?
HTML Code:
#object-nav a {background:#999;padding:5px;}

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stang5_0
Here is one part of what I am trying to ask if it helps at all.
Old Oct 29, 2010, 11:55 AM
Stang5_0

26 posts · Apr 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Thanks Larry, that gave me the start I need to come up with something a little better. I did some reading on rounding corners and as a result inserted the following:
Code:
#object-nav a {font-size:0.7em;background:#bee;padding:3px;
-moz-border-radius-bottomright: 5px 5px;
-moz-border-bottom-right-radius: 5px 5px;
-moz-border-radius-topleft: 5px 5px;
-moz-border-radius-topright: 5px 5px;
-moz-border-top-left-radius: 5px 5px;
-moz-border-top-right-radius: 5px 5px;
-moz-border-bottom-left-radius: 5px 5px;
-moz-border-radius-bottomleft: 5px 5px;
}
The next thing I need to determine, and maybe you can help, is how to determine what the object name is on a given page to address it in CSS? I may not be asking this in a manner that makes sense, but it's my guess that #object-nav a dictates what it is I am changing? So if I wanted to do the same to the options below, it would be a different object name.

You can see what I've done with the code at http://stangsgarage.com/members/stang5_0/

I'm trying to figure out how I can determine like on the pages, the name of that I am applying the code to.

Thank you as always Larry!

Stang

ps, now trying to get a mouseover effect going where they will change colors.

Last edited by Stang5_0; Oct 29, 2010 at 12:18 PM.
Old Oct 29, 2010, 12:20 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
What I do is use Firebug with Firefox to determine the selector then if I want that to only apply to a certain page I add the page class to it. To find the page class you look at the source of the page and search for body class you might see body class="home" or body class="page page-id-2". so to change so then you just use something like the following to change all h3 tags to a color of red on the page with an ID of 2.
HTML Code:
body.page-id-2 h1 {
color: red;
}