Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] Strange problem

Old Oct 20, 2010, 12:18 AM
Crystalrose

4 posts · Oct 2010
I have used Wordpress and Atahualpa in the past for several websites. Tonight I started a new site, Wordpress installed correctly, the default theme looks fine. I downloaded Atahualpa and installed it. Now my landing page is a white page with this one sentence:

Powered by WordPress & the Atahualpa Theme by BytesForAll. Discuss on our WP Forum

I am using Wordpress 3.0.1 and Atahulapa 3.5.3
My web host is Westhost

I would have searched for a solution but I don't know where to start, how to even describe this in search. I did uninstall, delete, redownload and reinstall Atahualpa, with the same result.

Any advice pointing me in the direction to solve this would be appreciated.

Crystalrose
Old Oct 20, 2010, 09:57 AM
Crystalrose

4 posts · Oct 2010
Thank you, STB, for your prompt and helpful response. Contrary to what you apparently think, I am not a clueless noob coming in here expecting an answer to be handed to her. I had read that post and tried to comply with it. I did look through the forums to no avail. My issue is too odd, no search terms I came up with returned anything useful. I did tweak the options, experiment, remove all plugins. I was not about to go messing with the CSS if there is a simpler solution. I listed the versions of wordpress and atahualpa that I am using. I neglected to list my site URL, please forgive me, it was 1:30am.

http://www.bdt.westhost.com/freedom/

I tried to be descriptive but there is not much more I can say other than the whole page comes up blank but for one line of text.

I have used Wordpress and Atahualpa for several other sites, I believe i know my way around both to a reasonable degree and this has me stumped. I will go back and search more and try to find something.

I thought this was a help forum. If someone reading this knows of a post that addresses this or a similar issue I would appreciate a point in the right direction. However if the standard answer around here is RTFM, I will just go away and not bother you busy folks. My apologies for taking up your time.

Last edited by Crystalrose; Oct 20, 2010 at 10:00 AM.
Old Oct 20, 2010, 10:27 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
When you preview from within the dashboard, does it look like this?

How did you install the theme? I mean, from the Wordpress.org repository or directly?
Old Oct 20, 2010, 10:34 AM
Crystalrose

4 posts · Oct 2010
The page looks the same whether i preview it from dashboard or go directly.

I installed WP following the instuctions from my webhost, Westhost.com, from my control panel with them. This has worked fine before. I installed Atahualpa by downloading it from this site and uploading it to the proper directory via ftp. It must be in the right place or WP would not find it, correct?

I will file a help ticket with westhost today to see if it is something they can address. In the meantime, thanks for asking these questions, any other info i need to provide please let me know.

Last edited by Crystalrose; Oct 20, 2010 at 10:37 AM.
Old Oct 20, 2010, 10:45 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
If it weren't in the right place, you wouldn't see that line from the footer!

Must be missing files, or something. If you want me to take a look, you can PM me your server login info, or wait for help from Juggledad or Larry.
Old Oct 20, 2010, 10:53 AM
Crystalrose

4 posts · Oct 2010
Thank you but I finally found it!! Searched and searched on various search terms and finally hit it.

What I needed to do was go to the ato-> export/import settings and press the button labeled 'delete bfa_ata4'

That did it. :-)
Old Oct 20, 2010, 10:57 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Ah, I had forgotten about that! I'm sure when Flynn is finished with his work on Themeframe, or at least can take a breather, he'll make a new version of Atahualpa with all the bug fixes already installed. I'm glad you hung in there and found the answer.