Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Marketplace » Customization, Design, Programming... »

Coaching on the use of "List Category Posts" plugin?

Old Oct 15, 2010, 03:56 PM
Gail_NK

128 posts · Oct 2010
Folks,

Wordpress: 3.0.1
Atahualpa: 3.4.9

I've been able to fumble my way through customizing my website thanks to all of your great posts, but now have a problem I can't seem to sort out.

I've installed the "List Category Posts" plugin - and tried to figure out how to use it. Unfortunately the documentation in English is cryptic and the rest of it is in Spanish.

I'm an HTML novice - anyone willing to do a little coaching to help me set up a page that displays only one category of post? I know the category number and the category name, but don't know how to use the "short code" as given. Does it go in the HTML editor of the page? Does it go into one of the sections in the ATO setup? Does it go into a PHP page? If so, which one?

Thanks,

Gail NK
Old Oct 15, 2010, 05:02 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Just create a page and enter this in the text area
HTML Code:
[catlist id=1]
where the number is the number of the category you want. You can find this by editing the category and looking at the HTML address of the page. You should see 'i'd=nn' where 'nn'' is some number, that is the category ID
Old Oct 15, 2010, 05:39 PM
Gail_NK

128 posts · Oct 2010
Actually, that's just what I did, didn't seem to work. I'll try it again.

I thought it should be something that easy!

Thanks,
G.
Old Oct 15, 2010, 05:45 PM
Gail_NK

128 posts · Oct 2010
OK, last question - How do I get it to publish an excerpt after the post title? I just get a list of titles... guess that's exactly what I asked for, eh?

Thanks!
Old Oct 15, 2010, 05:57 PM
Gail_NK

128 posts · Oct 2010
Figured it out by trying - got the list and the excerpt. Will experiment with combinations until I get what I need - or get stuck again!

Thanks so much. I feel like the forum is my safety net. Every time I get stuck, I ask a question and most of the time find the answer before someone posts it.

Have a great weekend, all!!

G.
Old Oct 24, 2010, 12:15 PM
LizM

7 posts · Sep 2010
Boston area
Send a message via AIM to LizM
What was it? That sounds like a useful thing to have.
--L