Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Widget Content padding / margin

Old Oct 14, 2010, 12:58 PM
quentinjs

15 posts · Sep 2010
For my website http://www.splatfx.com I have the following code in the Widget Content Box:

PHP Code:
font-family:Verdana,Geneva,sans-serif;
font-size12px;

margin10px 21px 10px 10px;
padding10px 22px 10px 10px;
/* font-weight: bold; */ 
But only the first 2 lines are being used. The margin/padding don't work at all. Is there some trick I need to do to pad the inside of the content area ?
Old Oct 15, 2010, 11:13 AM
poppaneedsanap

5 posts · Feb 2010
I'm having similar problems. I'm basically trying to add a bottom pad or margin to space out items in my sidebar. can be seen at shoutoutoutoutout.com.

I've also tried adding in CSS & HTML inserts with no luck. I can modify other attributes but margin and pad are being styled elsewhere apparantly..

eg:

<style type="text/css">
li.twitter-item {line-height:200%; margin-bottom:15px;}
</style>

this will change the line-height in the twitter widge but not the margin..

Last edited by poppaneedsanap; Oct 15, 2010 at 11:15 AM.
Old Oct 15, 2010, 12:07 PM
poppaneedsanap

5 posts · Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by quentinjs
For my website http://www.splatfx.com I have the following code in the Widget Content Box:

PHP Code:
font-family:Verdana,Geneva,sans-serif;
font-size12px;

margin10px 21px 10px 10px;
padding10px 22px 10px 10px;
/* font-weight: bold; */ 
But only the first 2 lines are being used. The margin/padding don't work at all. Is there some trick I need to do to pad the inside of the content area ?
Hey Quentin, this might solve your problem..
use the CSS insert option and add:

div.widget ul {margin: 10px 21px 10px 10px; padding: 10px 22px 10px 10px;}

not quite doing what I need, but it formats the padding and margins for the widget ul div
Old Oct 15, 2010, 12:41 PM
quentinjs

15 posts · Sep 2010
That worked.... but I feel its the wrong approach when there is a box to enter that. I was hoping to copy my theme changes so others who wanted a similiar look could do it as well. But it gets more complicated when there is pasting into existing cells.
Old Oct 16, 2010, 06:46 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Taken from ATO->Style WIDGETS->Widget Content Box
Quote:
Widget Content Box
The Widget Content Box is gone since Atahualpa 3.4. for better plugin compatibility. It was a propretiary Atahualpa feature that provided extra styling possibilites but didn't play well with all plugins because some of them rely heavily on widgets having the same structure as in the "Default" theme (which does not have this extra DIV inside each widget). Instead of "div.widget-container" the styles that you put here will be applied on "div.widget ul, div.textwidget". That will cover all text widgets and all widgets that consists of unordered lists, which should be the majority of all widgets. Otherwise look into the source code of a browser rendered page of your site to see which DIV or other HTML element wraps around the body content of the widget that was not covered by this, and add a CSS Insert such as: div.some-class { margin: 10px }.
Old Oct 16, 2010, 01:59 PM
poppaneedsanap

5 posts · Feb 2010
yeah, I was basing my CSS insert attempt on that ATO div.widget ul note.