Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

side columns help on Atahualpa 2.21

Old Mar 31, 2009, 02:20 AM
Captainfancypants

3 posts · Mar 2009
Hi all, I run a small band/comedy website (www.cleavagedownunder.com) and use the Atahualpa 2.21 theme. I have main part and two side columns. I have played with it a little but am a bit of a spastic when it comes to full knowledge of codes and the like. However the left and right columns when used ONLY in Internet Explorer seems to have the content drop to the bottom of the screen (reads from the bottom up) but the main (middle) content reads normally! Does not occur in Firefox or Safari, so am a bit perplexed as to how to fix this! Yes I know before all the purists get into me about how Firefox is better, Yes that is my preferred system, but most people at work and novices who come to the site use IE.
Any suggestions?
Cheers
Captain From CDU
(P.S. as I am not an expert, I have not upgraded to the V3 yet, as I am too scared that I may lose all my settings! I cant even remember how to fix the 1/2 picture header photo!)
Old Mar 31, 2009, 05:17 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
The dropping sidebar issue is common with IE, not just in Atahualpa 2, but in HTML/CSS ("table-free holy grail layout") as a whole.

To fix this either make the sidebars wider or make the content inside them less wide.

For Atahualpa 3 I developed another layout technique based on tables due to exactly this dropping sidebar problem.

But as mentioned, if you give the sidebars enough room to breathe they won't drop in IE. Tables and images that are too wide are the usual suspects
Old Mar 31, 2009, 06:40 PM
Captainfancypants

3 posts · Mar 2009
Thankyou for that, I THINK I got it right. It took all day, but it seems to have repaired on IE! Great theme, and once I upgrade WP, I will also upgrade this. Lost everything on upgrade last time, so waiting for a "more savvy" fried to assist!
Cheers from Downunder!
Old Apr 18, 2009, 01:27 AM
Captainfancypants

3 posts · Mar 2009
It has definitely worked & the site is now running fine.
I even got brave enough to go update to the new version of Word Press.
(Only took 2 hours and 3 support centre calls to my provider!)
I am getting more tech savvy (or geeky) as the day goes on. Cheers and thanks again mate.

Captain Fancypants
lead air guitarist and web coordinator for the mimesational band; www.cleavagedownunder.com