Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Still need help with links in header area

Old Oct 12, 2010, 01:21 PM
SC801

34 posts · Oct 2010
I'm still unable to figure out how to put links in the header area.

lmilesw was kind enough to give me this code to work with to replace my %logo:
<?php bfa_widget_area('name=My widget area&cells=4&align=1&before_widget=<div id="%1$s" class="header-widget %2$s">&after_widget=</div>'); ?>

The problem is, when I lose the nice rss feed and site search bar. I tried replacing them with widgets but the widgets took up a lot of space and had more stuff to them, and didn't look as nice.

So, is there a way to exactly replicate the rss feed and search bar supplied by %logo in a widget cell?
If not, is there another way to put links in the upper righthand area with the logo still there?

This is the site I am working on: http://sierraclubcalifornia.org/wordpress/
What I ideally want to do is put three links in a vertical line above the search bar and under the rss feed (with the feed moved to the top of the page). Something looking similar to the 'donate, volunteer, sign up' buttons here: http://www.sacdems.org/ but in the upper right area of the header.

Is there a way to do this, or do something like this?

I really really appreciate the help, because I have no idea how to manipulate css. THANK YOU.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 02:03 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
there is a thread 'HOWTO: float the search box and RSS icons over the header image.' in the gold forums tutorials that might help.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 03:04 PM
SC801

34 posts · Oct 2010
unfortunately, I don't have access to the gold forums. is there another way to do this?