Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

can I achieve this with atahualpa

Old Oct 7, 2010, 10:11 AM
tlck9

151 posts · Aug 2010
HI there

I'm pretty new to this so please bear with me.

I found this site and I like the page bar, but love the Atahualpa because it is so flexible

http://www.cgjvirtual-assist.com.ar/blog/

Is there any way I can get a similar layout to this using the atahualpa theme bearing in mind that its so flexible.

Many Thanks
Old Oct 7, 2010, 11:05 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
I assume you are talking about the green ends of the menu. Yes it can be done, with a fair bit of work. The two ends of the menu bar are actually an image that is used as the body background.

What you need to do in a case like this is pick apart the other theme looking at the CSS style sheet to see how they created the effect they produced. You'll have to create a similar image and know the exact positioning that it is to be placed. The image will be a few pixels larger than the page width so it will not be covered by the page.

Hope this points you in the direction to explore what they created and then start adding things into atahualpa to create the design you want.
Old Oct 7, 2010, 11:06 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Look at the background image and that will give you an idea of what needs to be done.
Old Oct 8, 2010, 03:18 AM
tlck9

151 posts · Aug 2010
thank you for the replies, I think I've given up on the wrap around as I havent quite got the skills to do this right now, well at least for the time being, until my skill level increases

However I'm sure i've read this but just cant find the post how do I:

put the search box in the nav bar tab