Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Comments, trackbacks & pings »

Adding comment numbers

Old Mar 29, 2009, 10:30 AM
nikkidev

5 posts · Mar 2009
Is there an easy way to add comment numbering (i.e. each comment in a post is sequentially numbered) so that comments can easily be referenced. Many thanks for such a great theme.
Old Mar 30, 2009, 01:31 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Unfortunately only on a per-page basis, i.e. the numbering would start again on the next page. The comment numbering and pagination was better in Atahualpa & WP 2.6 with the plugin paged comments (except there were no threaded comments). I think WP is still improving the new comments features and there's also room for improvement in the Atahualpa implementation. I hope to include numbers and separated pings in addition to indention, threading, pagination and reverse order, in the next versions
Old Apr 20, 2009, 04:17 AM
perdox808

51 posts · Apr 2009
Melbourne, Australia
Send a message via Skype™ to perdox808
This could be a case of the blind leading the blind but …

I use Greg's Threaded Comment Numbering. See this thread where Flynn helped me out.'

http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=1303