Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Excerpts, Read more, Pagination »

make excerpt to a div

Old Mar 7, 2012, 04:10 PM
tixcoca

43 posts · Oct 2010
make excerpt to a div

I would like to put global height/width background etc to my excerpts, is that possible? I have not find any plugin or description on how to turn the excerpt into a div.

Thanks
TXC
Old Mar 7, 2012, 04:25 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
The only way I can think go to do that is to use the manual excerpt box and put a div with a height in it. This of course isn't global.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 04:59 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
an excerpts is just a truncated post and is in a DIV with the class 'post-bodycopy'
Old Mar 7, 2012, 04:59 PM
tixcoca

43 posts · Oct 2010
I can to start with try it out that way. Thanks.

TXC
Old Mar 8, 2012, 04:06 AM
tixcoca

43 posts · Oct 2010
Is it not possible to make the excerpt to an exclusive div? When I style 'the post-bodycopy' it messes the post up.

TXH
Old Mar 8, 2012, 04:19 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Quote:
Is it not possible to make the excerpt to an exclusive div?
you could try this - edit bfa_post_parts.php and change line 140 (version 3.7.3) from
HTML Code:
			the_excerpt(); 
to
HTML Code:
			?> <div class="my-excerpt"> <?php
			the_excerpt(); 
			?> </div> <?php
this will give you a class called 'my-excerpt' that you can use to style the excerpts content - ie the body of the excerpt.

If you want to style the entire excerpt container you will have to do a lot more and that is beyond the free help avaliable from me on the forum.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 04:46 AM
tixcoca

43 posts · Oct 2010
Perfect, but 'post-headline' got the characters '1>' added
Old Mar 8, 2012, 04:54 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
the post headline is processed BEFORE this code so it must be something else you did or you made a typo. I would download a fresh copy of the theme and do a file compare between what you have and a fresh copy of bfa_post_parts.php to see what the differences are.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 05:03 AM
tixcoca

43 posts · Oct 2010
will look into that, thanks alot!
Old Mar 8, 2012, 10:22 AM
tixcoca

43 posts · Oct 2010
I cant see any differences between the a fresh 'bfa_post_parts.php' and the one with the excerpt div modification. I also made a fresh Atahualpa install and added the excerpt modification. The characters still turns up in 'post-headline'. I noticed depending on what option in the SEO for post/page title the characters change between 1> and 2> in post-headline'.

Here is the link to the fresh install where you can see the result.

www.markuseckerman.com/wp

Thanks
TXC
Old Mar 8, 2012, 11:02 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
That looks like the end of the '<h2> that wraps arount the post title on a multi post page. That is n another area of the code.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 11:23 AM
tixcoca

43 posts · Oct 2010
ok, is it a typo that doesn't need to be there or? Hard to say i guess but, 'another area', do mean in the bfa_post_parts.php?

TXC
Old Mar 8, 2012, 11:53 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
if you look in bfa_post_parts.php you find is is broken into sections. One section deals with the post headline. That is the code that builds the html that comprises the title. I assume you have an error there...though it could be somewhere else and showing there.

it is possible that some plug-in is getting 'into the act' and causing the issue. I tried the code before posting it and it works for me.