Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

messed up the code on Main Index template

Old Apr 1, 2012, 06:23 PM
demik3

3 posts · Apr 2012
messed up the code on Main Index template

and now I broke my blog.

I had added some code for Yoast breadcrumbs and when I removed them I must have messed something up.

Here is what the code looks like now-

<?php
list($bfa_ata, $cols, $left_col, $left_col2, $right_col, $right_col2, $bfa_ata['h_blogtitle'], $bfa_ata['h_posttitle']) = bfa_get_options();
get_header();
extract($bfa_ata);
?>

<?php /* If there are any posts: */
if (have_posts()) : $bfa_ata['postcount'] = 0; /* Postcount needed for option "XX first posts full posts, rest excerpts" */ ?>
<?php bfa_widget_area('name=My widget area1'); ?>
<?php // Deactivated since 3.6.5
# include 'bfa://content_above_loop';
// Uses the following static code instead: ?>
<?php bfa_next_previous_page_links('Top'); // For MULTI post pages if activated at ATO -> Next/Previous Navigation: ?>
<?php while (have_posts()) : the_post(); $bfa_ata['postcount']++; ?>

#include 'bfa://content_inside_loop';
<?php bfa_next_previous_post_links('Top'); // For SINGLE post pages if activated at ATO -> Next/Previous Navigation ?>
<?php /* Post Container starts here */
if ( function_exists('post_class') ) { ?>
<div <?php if ( is_page() ) { post_class('post'); } else { post_class(); } ?> id="post-<?php the_ID(); ?>">
<?php } else { ?>
<div class="<?php echo ( is_page() ? 'page ' : '' ) . 'post" id="post-'; the_ID(); ?>">
<?php } ?>
<?php bfa_post_kicker('<div class="post-kicker">','</div>'); ?>
<?php bfa_post_headline('<div class="post-headline">','</div>'); ?>
<?php bfa_post_byline('<div class="post-byline">','</div>'); ?>
<?php bfa_post_bodycopy('<div class="post-bodycopy clearfix">','</div>'); ?>
<?php bfa_post_pagination('<p class="post-pagination"><strong>'.__('Pages:','atahualpa').'</strong>','</p>'); ?>
<?php bfa_post_footer('<div class="post-footer">','</div>'); ?>
</div><!-- / Post -->

<?php endwhile; ?>

# include 'bfa://content_below_loop';
<?php bfa_next_previous_post_links('Middle'); // Displayed on SINGLE post pages if activated at ATO -> Next/Previous Navigation: ?>
<?php bfa_get_comments(); // Load Comments template (on single post pages, and static pages, if set on options page): ?>
<?php bfa_next_previous_post_links('Bottom'); // Displayed on SINGLE post pages if activated at ATO -> Next/Previous Navigation: ?>
<?php bfa_archives_page('<div class="archives-page">','</div>'); // Archives Pages. Displayed on a specific static page, if configured at ATO -> Archives Pages: ?>
<?php bfa_next_previous_page_links('Bottom'); // Displayed on MULTI post pages if activated at ATO -> Next/Previous Navigation: ?>

<?php /* END of: If there are any posts */
else : /* If there are no posts: */ ?>

#include 'bfa://content_not_found';
<h2><?php _e('Not Found','atahualpa'); ?></h2>
<p><?php _e("Sorry, but you are looking for something that isn't here.","atahualpa"); ?></p>

<?php endif; /* END of: If there are no posts */ ?>

<?php get_footer(); ?>

Here's a bit of a screenshot of where I removed the bread crumb code, though not a good one.

Where did I mess up and what can I do to fix it? Let me know if anything else is needed, it's my first post.

Thank you,
Dawn
Old Apr 1, 2012, 06:32 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
To get the log back, download a fresh copy of atahualpa to your computer, unzip it.
Next connect to your host with FTP and rename the index.php file in the Atahualpa folder to 'old index.php' and then upload the fresh copy.

This should get you running again.
Old Apr 1, 2012, 07:15 PM
demik3

3 posts · Apr 2012
Thank you! That worked, although while doing that I have found my site was hacked and they inserted a silence is golden css code that is causing my site to not been seen. I guess it wasn't me changing the code just a coincidence. Now to figure how to get my site back up.
Old Apr 1, 2012, 07:22 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Also the Yoast breadcrumbs plugin hasn't been updated on over two years. I would be a bit cautious with it.
Old Apr 1, 2012, 07:46 PM
demik3

3 posts · Apr 2012
Thanks Larry. I was using the Wordpress SEO plugin by Yoast which I liked except it caused all but one of my sidebar widgets not to appear. The breadcrumbs were part of that plugin.
Old Apr 1, 2012, 08:41 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Ok... I see that the SEO plugin has superseded the breadcrumb plugin. I use the SEO plugin and have never had the issue with the sidebars. I would check all the settings.