Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Header widgets out of place in IE

Old Jun 20, 2011, 11:40 AM
lakewooditsupport

48 posts · Jun 2011
England, United Kingdom
Header widgets out of place in IE

I finally managed to get to get a java link to overlay the header image area, by creating two header widgets. It works and appears perfectly in all browsers bar internet explorer 9. It is out of place to the right by 90px. I have tried changing settings with the widgets but cant seem to get anywhere?

Here is the code for the widgets

PHP Code:
<?php bfa_widget_area('name=contact &cells=4&align3&align<div id="contact" class="header-widget %2$s">&after_widget=</div>'); ?>
<?php bfa_widget_area
('name=Header &cells=4&align3&align<div id="livechat" class="header-widget %2$s">&after_widget=</div>'); ?>
and the CSS inserts are:

Code:
td#header__4 div.widget {
	z-index: 4;
	position: absolute;
	float: right;
	width: auto;
	margin-top: 20px;
	margin-left: 90px;
	}
td#contact__4 div.widget {
	z-index: 4;
	position: absolute;
	float: right;
	width: auto;
	margin-top: 20px;
	margin-left: -80px;
        margin-right: 50px;
	}
I have a feeling its something to do with the width of the widgets?
Old Jun 20, 2011, 11:45 AM
lakewooditsupport

48 posts · Jun 2011
England, United Kingdom
Sorry I forgot to include a link to the site.

The widget is over the header on the right (livechat)+(contact us) two separate widgets.

http://lakewooditsupport.co.uk/
Old Jun 20, 2011, 08:57 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
There are several things going on here. The first is the code for the widget areas is for two 4-celled widget areas one over the other when all you need is one 2-celled widget area. The code for that would be.
HTML Code:
<?php bfa_widget_area('name=Contact and Chat&cells=2&before_widget=<div id="%1$s" class="header-widget %2$s">&after_widget=</div>'); ?>
Another issue is I would avoid absolute positioning as that can be problematic.
Old Jun 21, 2011, 05:57 AM
lakewooditsupport

48 posts · Jun 2011
England, United Kingdom
I tried the code you suggested and it didn't work at all, No widget was created?

I cant think of what other positioning to use as all other methods leave the widgets above the header image.
Old Jun 21, 2011, 06:01 AM
lakewooditsupport

48 posts · Jun 2011
England, United Kingdom
Okay I just has a little mess with it again and fixed it, it was as I thought just the header width needed adding to the widget code.
It now looks like this:
PHP Code:
<?php bfa_widget_area('name=contact &cells=4&align3&align=width950<div id="contact" class="header-widget %2$s">&after_widget=</div>'); ?><php>
I would still like it to be in just two widgets, as I have two codes giving me 8 header widgets.
Old Jun 21, 2011, 06:50 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Larry's code worked for me, remember you have to
1) put the code in and save it
2) go view the page
3) then go to the widget area.

To get rid of old 'New Widget' areas
1) remove and widgets from the widget area
2) remove teh code from where you placed it
3) go view the page
4) go to ato->Add new WIDGET AREAS->Delete custom Widget Areas and delete the widget areas you want gone.

NOTE: in your code you have cells=4 - this will create 4 widget areas
ALSO you have align=width950 which is invalid

Last edited by juggledad; Jun 21, 2011 at 07:22 AM.