Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Comments, trackbacks & pings »

Respond to this comment (email) not working on dashboard

Old Oct 25, 2010, 08:29 PM
ShelMel

10 posts · Aug 2010
Hi all -

I am running WP 3.0.1 Atahualpa Theme 3.4.9. I realize that there's an Atahualpa Theme 3.5.3 available but I cannot figure out how to download and update it. I've searched everywhere - and that may fix my current issue.

My site is: www.dreamynest.com

I used to be able to click the little envelope icon on my dashboard for each comment {Respond to this comment} and it would thread my reply on my blog AND e-mail the person I was replying to. Now that envelope icon isn't clickable and I get an error script message at the bottom lower corner of my brower window.

I now have to click on "reply" and my replies are threaded on my blog, but it does not send my reply to the commentor. Which entails me wasting a lot of time to get a reply via e-mail to the commentor.

Please help. And if you can advise how to update my theme, I'd really appreciate it. I'm going to search around here for a bit and see if I can figure that out at least. My dashboard says that my theme is up to date and obviously it is not.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Shelle
Old Oct 25, 2010, 08:46 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
The part of your post that relates to camments is more of a WordPress question. As for upgrading look in the FAQ forum. I recommend the manual update method.
Old Oct 25, 2010, 08:58 PM
ShelMel

10 posts · Aug 2010
Thank you Larry. I'll see what I can find out about my e-mail comments via the WP forums.

I haven't made it to the FAQ's section of this forum yet, so I'll go there next. Thank you again!