Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

Suggest a plugin 4 digital media sales, & a netcast posting plugin & iTunes.

Old May 16, 2010, 05:57 AM
GuruJ

34 posts · Dec 2009
Seattle, Wa
Hello my brothers in trial & error,

I was wondering if the collective unconsciousness can suggest a plugin for digital media sales, & a netcast posting plug-in & iTunes.

I have been looking but I can't seem to find anything thats not either expensive up front or monthly charge.

First is I would like to sell my guided meditations & hypnosis mp3s on my website http://ascendwell.com/hypnosis-medit...ownload-store/. I have signed up for Payloadz which is connected to Paypal & they will host & serve my media while paying me & also running an affiliate thing in house & with Ebay & Amazon. Not a bad deal now that I type it. (Premium-I: $5month- 4GB $100 sale limit.)

I am also looking at WordPress Simple Paypal Shopping Cart or WordPress eStore Plugin.

The first is free & the second is $40 but its a lifetime & lets me host the files. I like these programs as they let you put the button in a post or on a page not as a whole extra cart page.
I can't tell if they will give me more then a button, like a box with thumbnail, description, price, button. I don't want to have to make my own boxes on the pages as they always get messed up. Tables suck & won't stay consistent between browsers.

My big concerns are: protecting from to many downloads, getting as many views as possible, & keeping as much of the sale as possible, & having a clean easy design without a whole page cart.
For the netcasts I can't decide if I should just post to youtube & use the embedded player & then by my own host for iTunes. The cost of hosting for a netcast is huge! I have already quit blubrry (which has what looks to be a great free plugin to post podcasts & submit to iTunes at the sametime) because my first 6minute quicktime video doubled the lowest subscription for a month in a day. After signing up I found Blubrry to be amateurish with great ideas & plugins/api's & horrible support.

My other option is paying a host for the posting to iTunes & hosting of the video. I just wonder if I could do it cheaper hosting the netcast myself & just paying Godaddy more $ for space/bandwidth used. Currently 150 GB Space | 1,500 GB Transfer $7 a month & for $14 a month I can get "unlimited space & transfer".

What trades off will I lose not being in a "podcaster community" like Viddler or Blubrry or downside to hosting my own that I' not seeing because it seems like such the simple answer.

Any helps or suggestions will be great!

Thanks,
GuruJ
AscendWell.com loves Atahulaupalyalyualhahhaupaupalhthaupa!!!