Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

[SOLVED] How do I make space between sidebars and centre column to show shadows

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Nov 7, 2011, 08:46 AM
xonline

13 posts · Sep 2010
[SOLVED] How do I make space between sidebars and centre column to show shadows

I am really impressed with Atahualpa, ever since I discovered I could tweak the css styles to mimick my main website. However I am flummoxed by margins.

Having added drop shadows around the sidebars and centre column I have a problem. There is no space between the side bars and centre column so the shadows are covered up by the adjacent column. I have searched the forum and can't find anything similar being discussed.

I have tried adding margins into the "Centre column style" and "Sidebar Style"s but it is not creating a space between them.

This is the site www.excitant.co.uk/blog

Here is the CSS I added to the centre column (The margin-right seems to have no effect)

margin-right:30px;
margin-bottom:10px;

padding: 10px 10px 10px 10px;
background: #ffffff;

border-radius: 15px;
-moz-border-radius: 15px;
-moz-box-shadow: 7px 7px 3px #888;
-webkit-box-shadow: 7px 7px 3px #888;
box-shadow: 7px 7px 3px #888;

border-style:solid;
border-width: 0px;
border-color:#00C

and for the side bars (again the margins make no difference)

padding: 10px 10px 10px 10px;
background: #ffffff;

border-radius: 15px;
-moz-border-radius: 15px;
-moz-box-shadow: 7px 7px 3px #888;
-webkit-box-shadow: 7px 7px 3px #888;
box-shadow: 7px 7px 3px #888;

margin-right:10px;
margin-bottom:10px;

border-style:solid;
border-width: 0px;
border-color:#00C