Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] Images showing html code wrapped around photo in Posts (pages are fine)

Old Jan 1, 2010, 08:37 PM
gungo

31 posts · Jul 2009
San Juan, Puerto Rico
I have a site that I installed and developed on my server using the full directory address during development ccsju.com/puertoricosmallhotels so that I wouldn't interrupt the existing live site until it was time to implement. (change wp-config file so I could login to WP at that directory).

Last night, I changed DNS, updated the wp-config file to show puertoricosmallhotels.com, updated the .htaaccess file to return the default to the root directory and ran Velvet Blues Redirect and cleaned up some hrefs in my widgets.

Everything seems to be running just fine - except Image captions now show up as html code
[caption id="attachment_1315" align="aligncenter" width="425" caption="Test"] then the image displays [/caption]
See example at: http://puertoricosmallhotels.com/cat...budget-travel/

Pages are displaying captions just fine.
See example at: http://puertoricosmallhotels.com (home page).

I can't figure out what it could be except something in the loop - which I haven't changed since I made the DNS change (and why pages are fine).

Any help would be appreciated. I'm hoping its something simple.

Thanks!
Old Jan 2, 2010, 04:55 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
How are you displaying that image, is it stored in a post?
Check the post itself, what does it look like?
Are you displaying (looks like a category page) with a plugin?
Old Jan 2, 2010, 06:43 AM
gungo

31 posts · Jul 2009
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Image is inserted into the post using the Media icon.
But - now that you mention it - it isn't a post at all... it is a Category Page.
The page is private and only displayed when a category is selected.
Plugin is Blog Introduction.

However, I have used this plugin several times before with no problem.
(also shows how seamless this plugin is - you don't even realize that its a page ).

So - I went and deactivated and then deleted the plugin.

Then, reinstalled and reactivated.

It didn't fix captions immediately - but when I edit the caption and update, it fixes the problem.

The PLUGIN must have registered the old directory for the caption attachment and the switchover caused the conflict - so I just have to add this to my conversion task list.

Thanks for steering me in the right direction - this is one of those things that was driving me crazy much too late at night. As always - made another donation for the great support!