Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

spacing between pages main container and sidebar

Old Jul 16, 2012, 03:06 PM
Pauli

26 posts · Jul 2012
is it possible to create a space between the main container and the right sidebar, so that the background(wallpaper) will show up between them?

Last edited by Pauli; Jul 16, 2012 at 03:09 PM.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 03:54 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Use the right inner sidebar with a text widget containing a blank (&nbsp
Old Jul 16, 2012, 04:22 PM
Pauli

26 posts · Jul 2012
tried your suggestion but nothing happening
Old Jul 16, 2012, 06:25 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Did you check off the boxes for the rihgt inner sidebar for all the page types?

Last edited by juggledad; Jul 17, 2012 at 06:01 AM.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 04:13 AM
Pauli

26 posts · Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
Did you check off the boxes for the rit inner sidebar for all the page types?
yes all the boxes unticked in the right inner sidebar. I have removed the left sidebar, so just content and right side bar, although I have unticked the inner right sidebar it still seems to be there as the background colour, would like to get rid of that also as I want to have equal space on the background on the L.H.S & R.H.S

I also want to move the right side widgets that I have placed in borders inline with the top and very right hand side of the sidebar, so that it blends in with the background. I can only seem to get the widgets so close. here is the code i'm using in ATO> Style Widgets> Widget Container

my plan is get this done and then figure out how to add the background colour to the spaces on the widgets, so that it all blends in

background-image: url(http://mydomain.com/wp-content/theme...tent-top.jpg); background-repeat: no-repeat;
margin-top: -10px;

margin: 0 0 18px 0;
border-bottom: 1px solid #DEDEDE;
padding-bottom:10px;
margin-bottom: 10px;

border-top: 1px solid #DEDEDE;
padding-top:10px;
margin-top: 0px;

border-left: 1px solid #DEDEDE;
padding-left:10px;
margin-left: 10px;

border-right: 1px solid #DEDEDE;
padding-right:10px;
margin-right: 0px;

http://goo.gl/SMoce

Last edited by Pauli; Jul 17, 2012 at 04:23 AM. Reason: to add more information
Old Jul 17, 2012, 06:06 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Ok, I guess I presented my idea wrong. You want some space between the center and right sidebar. To do this you want to ADD in the right inner sidebar so it will be center-right inner-right.

Now you can adjust the width of the right inner sidebar area to give yourself the width you want.

This means the right inner sidebar must be checked off, not unchecked (unchecking says don't display it)
Old Jul 17, 2012, 07:34 AM
Pauli

26 posts · Jul 2012
Quote:
Ok, I guess I presented my idea wrong. You want some space between the center and right sidebar. To do this you want to ADD in the right inner sidebar so it will be center-right inner-right.

Now you can adjust the width of the right inner sidebar area to give yourself the width you want.

This means the right inner sidebar must be checked off, not unchecked (unchecking says don't display it)
I do not know where to check off the inner right sidebar? I did get the look I wanted although I don't think it is really right. In the Right Inner Sidebar Style, I changed the background colour to the same as the page background #F7F7F7, I then added a blank text widget to the Right Inner Sidebar, which gave me the space and colour I wanted, although there was a small bit of image or something sticking out of the widget area. this seemed to disapear under the widget area when I upped the padding from 10px to 30px

border-left: solid 1px #DEDBD1;
padding: 30px 30px 30px 30px;
background: #F7F7F7;
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp
Old Jul 19, 2012, 01:10 AM
Pauli

26 posts · Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauli
I do not know where to check off the inner right sidebar? I did get the look I wanted although I don't think it is really right. In the Right Inner Sidebar Style, I changed the background colour to the same as the page background #F7F7F7, I then added a blank text widget to the Right Inner Sidebar, which gave me the space and colour I wanted, although there was a small bit of image or something sticking out of the widget area. this seemed to disapear under the widget area when I upped the padding from 10px to 30px

border-left: solid 1px #DEDBD1;
padding: 30px 30px 30px 30px;
background: #F7F7F7;
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp
anyone? stuck on this!!
Old Jul 19, 2012, 02:10 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Without the URL......
Old Jul 19, 2012, 09:11 AM
Pauli

26 posts · Jul 2012

Old Jul 19, 2012, 01:12 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
It just says coming soon
Export your settings and attach them to a reply ato->export/import settings
Old Jul 19, 2012, 02:14 PM
Pauli

26 posts · Jul 2012
Quote:
It just says coming soon
Export your settings and attach them to a reply ato->export/import settings
sorry try again now
Old Jul 19, 2012, 02:18 PM
Pauli

26 posts · Jul 2012
attachment
Attached Files
File Type: txt ata--20120719.txt (17.5 KB, 1197 views)
Old Jul 19, 2012, 05:12 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Do you really only want 5px of separation?
Old Jul 20, 2012, 04:45 AM
Pauli

26 posts · Jul 2012
no 10px, I have updated it to 10px and attached the new file
Attached Files
File Type: txt ata--20120720.txt (17.5 KB, 1196 views)
Old Jul 20, 2012, 07:38 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
why do you have muliple 'div#menu1' in the CSS Inserts?

What exactly is the problem right now?
Old Jul 20, 2012, 04:13 PM
Pauli

26 posts · Jul 2012
Quote:
why do you have muliple 'div#menu1' in the CSS Inserts?

What exactly is the problem right now?
The multiple 'div#menu1' in the CSS Inserts? is for a background image on the menu, and hover I still have to put hover image in.

The problem i have now is that I cannot get the right sidebar to go flush with the background colour there is a small gap( white) I can get it so close but cannot close gap.

Also I cannot seem to get a line at bottom on menu bar while entering this code in css inserts

div#menu1 {
border-bottom: solid 1px # DCDCD4;
}
Attached Files
File Type: txt ata-20120720.txt (17.6 KB, 1168 views)
Old Jul 20, 2012, 04:25 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
If that is the exact code you put in one thing is that there should be no space between # and the hex number. You may also have to add !important
Old Jul 25, 2012, 04:10 PM
Pauli

26 posts · Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmilesw
If that is the exact code you put in one thing is that there should be no space between # and the hex number. You may also have to add !important
hi, should have seen that, changed it and added !important; but the line still not appearing

div#menu1 {
*border-bottom: solid 1px #DCDCD4; !important;
}
Old Jul 25, 2012, 04:26 PM
Pauli

26 posts · Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauli
hi, should have seen that, changed it and added !important; but the line still not appearing

div#menu1 {
*border-bottom: solid 1px #DCDCD4; !important;
}
got this working now, how I did it I do not know as I did not change anything I just deleted the code and put it back in a few times and it worked.

Now I just need to figure out how to get the sidebar flush with the background, as there is still a little wipe gap there??????
Old Jul 25, 2012, 05:48 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
that slight white gap is in your menu image
Old Jul 30, 2012, 10:26 AM
Pauli

26 posts · Jul 2012
Quote:
that slight white gap is in your menu image

Hi Juggledad,

Been very busy last week so only getting back to this now, I don't think it is the menu image. If you look at the menu on the site again you will see the 2 menu widgets I have in and a small white space. I am trying to get it so that the menus are flush with the background. so as to not leave a white space. I can expand the menus so much but they will only go soo far and leave a white space.

Old Jul 30, 2012, 01:51 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
take a look at your images again.

in the sidebar, the white space seems to be at the bottom of the 'content-top.jpg' image
for the header menu the white space seems to be at the top of the 'menu1.jpg' image
Old Jul 31, 2012, 01:15 PM
Pauli

26 posts · Jul 2012
Quote:
take a look at your images again.

in the sidebar, the white space seems to be at the bottom of the 'content-top.jpg' image
for the header menu the white space seems to be at the top of the 'menu1.jpg' image
Hi Juggledad,

got it, solution was simple in the end Doh!! thank you

Last edited by Pauli; Jul 31, 2012 at 01:51 PM.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 01:47 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
ok, You originally seemed to be talking about the MENU and the small white gap at the top of the menu (caused by the image)

the sidebars get their own styling in 'Style & Configure SIDEBAR', so what have you got set for the right sidebar styling?