Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

Integrated classified ads and shopping cart needed

Old Mar 29, 2009, 04:18 PM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
We want to have a classified ads section on our news site, with the option to charge for posting ads. Ideally, we'd like to be able to let local folks post for free, and just charge big companies or out-of-towners.

So far, I have had no luck finding a plugin combo that does this. I suppose we could use a non-WP system and just link to it, but I'd rather stay within the WP framework, naturally.
Old Mar 30, 2009, 01:50 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
The first 2 results seem to do "WP & paid classifieds" http://www.google.com/search?q=wordp...in+classifieds

If those aren't good and you find a good standalone one I wouldn't hesitate to run it side by side with WP and perhaps try to match the design a bit (or not).
Old Mar 30, 2009, 02:38 PM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Yes, unfortunately neither of those worked for me. Edgeio doesn't work, period. And WP_Classifieds, while I got it to work, doesn't integrate with a payment system. I found another one which does integrate with Paypal, but it is either all paid or not at all.
Old Mar 30, 2009, 05:15 PM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Talking to myself, never a good sign!

I found this: http://wpclassipress.com/

It's a WP theme that's functions as a classified ads site, with Paypal integration. I can't tell from the info online whether or not you can have certain categories be free and others paid, but I've sent a question to the developer. I hope he's as responsive as Flynn!
Old Apr 19, 2009, 01:15 AM
andreisaioc

2 posts · Apr 2009
Hi Paula, here is what are you looking for: http://www.sitemile.com/classifiedTheme.php
Allows you set different prices for each category of ads, allowing you to make some FREE and some PAID.
Old May 1, 2009, 06:01 AM
perdox808

51 posts · Apr 2009
Melbourne, Australia
Send a message via Skype™ to perdox808
Hi Paulae. Did you get an answer back from the classipress guy? I too have left a message. I want to be able to have some ads (e.g. lost pests, community ads) fee free and others paid.
Old May 1, 2009, 06:30 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Yes, he emailed me, and no, the current version does not support paid and free ads. Either one or the other. He said they will offer this in a future version, though. If I hear about that, I'll post about it here.

I'm still looking for just the right thing. If you find anything, especially a plugin vs. a theme, do let us know here.
Old May 1, 2009, 06:34 AM
perdox808

51 posts · Apr 2009
Melbourne, Australia
Send a message via Skype™ to perdox808
I think I just did.

Visit http://www.sitemile.com/classifiedTheme.php

Top right-hand corner, click on the demo. You can then enter the admin panel. You can add categories and then set the fees. I think it's what I want and I think it's what you want.

I have sent an email to developer about running this plugin. I told him in no uncertain terms that I don't want to give up Atahualpa. I couldn't find any installation instructions on the site. I think we might to have install another version of WP inside the main one (that's what I understood from reading the classipress info).

Hope this helps. Will let you know when I get a reply. Cheers.
Old May 1, 2009, 06:39 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Hi, thanks. Yes, I had found this too. It's not a plugin. You'd have to set it up separately from Atahualpa, and might need a separate Wordpress installation too, which isn't a big deal, really. Then you'd have to link to it from within your Atahualpa site. This too isn't a big deal, and I might end up doing it this way. I guess you could style the classified site to look somewhat like your Atahualpa site, at least with the same color scheme.

I've been so busy working out all the kinks in our new site design and the move to Wordpress that I haven't spent much time on the classified part. It's a feature we definitely do want to offer our readers, though, so I will get to work on it soon.

Let us know what you end up doing, OK?
Old May 8, 2009, 03:29 PM
andreisaioc

2 posts · Apr 2009
Hi guys,

yes the http://www.sitemile.com/classifiedTheme.php needs a separate installation of wordpress, but works with MU Wordpress so that can be an alternative. And yes the classifiedTheme by sitemile supports free and paid ads. I am the developer of sitemile. If you have questions you can reach me at sitemile@sitemile.com or just post a question on the support forums: http://www.sitemile.com/forums and i will answer you in max 12 hrs.

Thanks,
Andrei