Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

asking for a cookie and placing it in the admin-panel

Old Feb 9, 2010, 03:01 AM
drongo

27 posts · Sep 2009
Hi,

I have two qestions on integrating the statistic-software slimstat into atahualpa.

1) I installed slimstat. Now I want to prevent counting me when I visit my wordpress-page. They told me to add this
PHP Code:
if (!isset($_COOKIE['dontCountMe'])) {
        @include_once( 
$_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'] . '/slimstat/
inc.stats.php' 
); } 
to the header-area. This asks for a cookie and starts slimstat only if there is no cookie like this one.
But I can't add php to the header in atahualpa and I don't want to use the php-way of adding slimstat. I added this java script
HTML Code:
<script type="text/javascript" src="/wordpress/slimstat/?js"></script>
to the header, which is working.
Is there a html/javascript-way to ask for a cookie before starting this code?

2) How can I add a cookie to the browser, so that every time someone is starting the admin-panel, this cookie is set? They are using this cookie: setcookie('dontCountMe', '1', time() + 365 * 24 * 60 * 60, '/'). I dont know what these numbers are all about and how to add it to the admin-panel. Or maybe at least manually?

Of course, I asked the slimstat group in first place, but they dont answer.

Greetings,
Drongo