Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » eCommerce & Atahualpa »

Gallery

Old Jan 17, 2011, 06:22 AM
raddy59

48 posts · Jan 2011
Gallery

My wife and son are artists
I am using this theme for a community website.
I would like to know if anyone has used this theme for a gallery - displaying artworks. The payment side of things isn't important at the moment, they would just like to display their work and so far this is the most easily manageable theme I have found.

Many thanks
Old Jan 23, 2011, 06:37 PM
Koukla

11 posts · Jan 2011
I use the NextGen gallery plugin for the artwork on my site. It is ok, but honestly I would like something better. I made the thumbnails pretty big but you still have to click on each to view the full image. I never got the slideshow feature to work properly. I would love to find something that just requires you to mouse over the thumbnail for the full image to display. Perhaps you could also look in the plugins forum for info.

You can see what it looks like on my site if you wish. Just click on one of the categories to see what it looks like.
Old Jan 30, 2011, 04:14 AM
raddy59

48 posts · Jan 2011
This site is amazing and just the kind of thing I am looking for.

is it really based on Altahualpa?

Did you have to do a lot of bespoke customisation, or were you able to do it all through the theme options?

Well done!

raddy
Old Jan 30, 2011, 05:55 AM
Koukla

11 posts · Jan 2011
Yes, this is Atahualpa, done all with the theme options. I did remove the footer info though. Nextgen has its own "album" page but I made my own. I then put each gallery on it's own subpage under "portfolio." Good luck and I'd love to see your site once you are through with it.
Old Jan 30, 2011, 07:57 AM
raddy59

48 posts · Jan 2011
My son (11) is a sculptor and at the moment my wife is designing and making jewellery. they have yet to come up with a name they both like, so I am just waiting for that before I get started.

Your site has really inspired me. As soon as I have something I'll let you know.

I am in the middle of setting up a community site for our small town (formbyfocus.co.uk) which will be fairly functional to start off, though I hope to expand it as time goes by to become a focal point for the whole community and get them more involved in things. We'll see

many thanks

raddy