Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

I want thumbnail on main page, but enlarged image on that posts page.. please help!

Old Oct 3, 2011, 11:53 PM
lynx

3 posts · Oct 2011
i want the main page of my site to display the thumbnail images in the excerpts, but when I click "see more" I want the image to be larger (full size). How do I do this?

I have all my main page's posts set as excerpts, and when I insert the image into each post I have been selecting thumbnail.
Old Oct 4, 2011, 05:41 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
nothing to do with the theme, this is strictly WP.
add an image to the post, then in the 'Feature Image' section hit the set featured image and pick the same image
Old Oct 4, 2011, 07:29 PM
lynx

3 posts · Oct 2011
Hmm it still doesn't seem to be working. Here is what I did:

- Added the image as a thumbnail to the post
- clicked featured image and added the same image as a featured image

My post still shows as a thumbnail when I go the post's page. Is there something else I am supposed to do after I set the image as a featured image to make it enlarge when I go to the post's page?
Old Oct 4, 2011, 09:20 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
You need to add the image to the post at the large size you want. The featured image will show as the thumbnail. By adding to the post as a thumbnail you have the same size for excerpt and full post.
Old Oct 5, 2011, 01:12 AM
lynx

3 posts · Oct 2011
Okay, so I added the image to my post at the large size (as well as inserted it as a featured image) and now they both show at the large size..there is no thumbnail. Is there code I am supposed to write somewhere so it shows as a thumbnail on my main page?
Old Oct 5, 2011, 03:50 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
what version of Atahualpa and WP?
wjhat is the url?
if on 3.6.7 - did you apply the patches? (if not you might want to upgrade to 3.7.0)
Old Nov 30, 2011, 11:59 PM
Alvin

17 posts · Nov 2011
I have a similar problem. Both the thumbnail and full images shows in full posts and in excerpts.

http://mostpopularjewelry.com
Old Dec 1, 2011, 02:50 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Alvin: please explain in detail exactly how to see the issue at your site.
are you using any plugins that could be effcting it? did you try shutting ALL the plugins off?