Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

what plugin is better to automatically show thumbnail images in excerpts.

Old Feb 18, 2009, 07:32 AM
falguni1

9 posts · Feb 2009
what plugin is better to automatically show thumbnail images in excerpts. Please let me know.
Old Feb 18, 2009, 02:51 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
This one might work for you http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/...-for-excerpts/
Old Feb 27, 2009, 09:32 PM
falguni1

9 posts · Feb 2009
can you please build a plugin in the theme itself so that there is no need of external plugins.
Old Feb 28, 2009, 05:11 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
I'll add something like that in a later version once my current to-do list is much shorter
Old Mar 10, 2009, 08:39 AM
Shepherd Jim

301 posts · Feb 2009
Bristol, midcoast Maine USA
Hey Flynn!

What're the chances that you'd publish your todo list as a sticky post? Working under the premise that more information is better than less, we users would have some idea where "we" were headed. You might even agree to receive suggestions as to how we would like your priorities arranged

Believe me, I can think of lots of reasons you might not want to do this. In effect, you're already doing it, but the information is spread around on separate threads. This would centralize the need for both us and you. I offer to "moderate" and try to keep we users polite and respectful.

...just a thought!
Old Mar 10, 2009, 01:20 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
There's at least one sticky thread in this forum http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12 all the time.

It's a To-Do list, listing all open bugs and features. I'll think of a more organized way of listing open bugs, changelogs etc...
Old Apr 20, 2009, 06:20 PM
idg

21 posts · Mar 2009
Seattle, WA
I'm using Thumbnails for Excerpts in Atahualpa, and while it looks great, in diagnosing page load times it appears to be displaying a scaled version of the post image, but with the original file size so there is no savings in bandwidth.

I am uploading images using "Image in Post from URL" and have turned on ("TFE_CREATETH","yes") which is supposed to generate a thumbnail upon import.

Anyone else using this plug-in or have ideas about how to get smaller file size thumbnails?
Old Apr 21, 2009, 06:45 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
Thanks for noticing that. It IS a problem on my site, I think, since I have a lot of thumbnails loading on the front page.
Old Nov 29, 2009, 12:38 PM
Burn

32 posts · Nov 2009
I have the same problem... using thumbnails for excerpts plugins, I realised what is displayed in not the thumbnail but a scaled version of the full isze image... that will not work on long term...