Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

How to write site title in Unicode?

Old Mar 1, 2013, 02:07 PM
tralci2013

41 posts · Mar 2013
Smile How to write site title in Unicode?

Hi. I have to write the website's title in Coptic and I need Unicode. Right now I can see the title myself (because I have fonts installed on my computer) but others cannot see it properly. Is the problem Wordpress' or Montezuma's? Any idea? Thanks!
Old Mar 1, 2013, 03:17 PM
jerryc

367 posts · Oct 2012
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by tralci2013
Hi. I have to write the website's title in Coptic and I need Unicode. Right now I can see the title myself (because I have fonts installed on my computer) but others cannot see it properly. Is the problem Wordpress' or Montezuma's? Any idea? Thanks!
I don't have the default MZ header.php file anymore to look at because I edited mine, but I recall that it gets the site title programically from your wp settings with something like <php echo site-title();> or something that will look similar. You can replace that with unicode, and it should give you what you want. It's in:

Dashboard > Appearance > MZ Options > Subtemplates > header.php
Old Mar 1, 2013, 03:21 PM
tralci2013

41 posts · Mar 2013
Thank you! But how should I replace it with Unicode?
Old Mar 1, 2013, 03:42 PM
jerryc

367 posts · Oct 2012
Florida
I don't know a lot of unicode, but here's an example:

Code:
<div  id="logo-area">
<h1 id="sitetitle"><a href="http://example.com">[unicode here]</a></h1>
</div>
Will display a double quote, an emdash, and a single quote ("—') in the large title font that links to example.com. Put in your unicode, in the same format, and it should work.

Edit: Every time I try to enter unicode it converts it. I'll space it out here and see it if displays, just remove the spaces.

"—' in unicode =
Code:
& # 34 ; & # 8212 ; & # 39 ;

Last edited by jerryc; Mar 1, 2013 at 04:38 PM. Reason: unicode is converting rather than displaying as code
Old Mar 1, 2013, 04:07 PM
tralci2013

41 posts · Mar 2013
Where is this code?
Old Mar 1, 2013, 04:13 PM
jerryc

367 posts · Oct 2012
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by tralci2013
Where is this code?

It's in header.php, which is in: