Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Post-Kicker, -Byline & -Footer »

Howto: add an Avatar to all Posts

Old Oct 7, 2011, 11:51 AM
Stevieboy

11 posts · Oct 2010
England
Smile Howto: add an Avatar to all Posts

With the newer versions of Atahualpa you can't have PHP code in the ATO --> Post Info Items.

So, this took me a few minutes to work out, in ATO --> Add HTML/CSS Inserts --> CSS Inserts

Add the following (and style as you see fit).

Code:
.avatar-64{
padding: 5px 5px 5px 5px !important;
border: solid 4px #eee !important;
margin: 10px 10px 0px 0px !important;
}
Then edit index.php, and add the following line indicated in Bold between the two existing lines.

Code:
if ( function_exists('post_class') ) { ?>
<?php if (!is_page()) {echo get_avatar( get_the_author_email(),'64' );} ?>
<div <?php if ( is_page() ) { post_class('post'); } else { post_class(); } ?> id="post-<?php the_ID(); ?>">
Of course make sure your Avatars are enabled.

Credits to JuggleDad for the php line that I found in one of his earlier earlier posts.

Hope it's useful so someone.

Last edited by Stevieboy; Oct 14, 2012 at 03:37 PM.