Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

Atahualpa 3.5.3 IE bug

Old Oct 3, 2010, 01:34 PM
audeojude

2 posts · Oct 2010
I am running wordpress 3.0.1 and atahualpa 3.5.3
I recently upgraded from an older version of wordpress and atahualpa where most everything was working.
I then upgraded to the latest wordpress for a security fix and it had some compatability issues with the older atahualpa. So I upgraded to 3.5.3. Since I use firefox most of the time I didn't notice any issues after upgrading. A week or so later a member was having issues viewing the site. I finally figured out that IE was only displaying the menus and not the center body of the site. The left menu is where it is supposed to be but the right menu is displaying where the normal content should be. In firefox or chrome it works fine. I have applied the two bug fixes you have posted and they fixed a minor drop down menu issue but I have no clue what is happening with IE and displaying wordpress content.

you can see the site at http://www.downeasteryachts.com

If you can help me I would appreciate it and wouldn't mind kicking a few dollars donation either.
scott
Old Oct 3, 2010, 04:14 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
If you look, the posts are part of the left sidebar. This is caused by the double quote in the last of the recent comments. It gets built in as the title and the extra double quote raises havoc in IE

HTML Code:
<a href="http://downeasteryachts.com/archives/1707/comment-page-1#comment-47" title="Scott -

When re-plumbing the heads on Eolian, I discovered that a 1 1/4" galvanized pipe plug is a pretty good fit for head hose.  Get some (they're cheap) and use 'em like this:

Take off the highest end of the hose first.  Screw  a pipe plug into the end and duct tape over it tightly. ..."><strong>Eolian</strong></a>
The one after '1/4' IE is picky and that just messes it up.
Old Oct 11, 2010, 06:01 PM
audeojude

2 posts · Oct 2010
Thank you very much.... I just got a chance to check back and see about this.. I just removed the quote from that comment and everything popped back into place.

Look for a little something in paypal. love the theme.

you should be getting something from my company account at paypal. It should be from carleenterprises

Last edited by audeojude; Oct 11, 2010 at 06:03 PM.