Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

[SOLVED] Theme options page is not displaying or working correctly

Old Jan 19, 2012, 11:00 AM
jenmenke

6 posts · Jan 2012
[SOLVED] Theme options page is not displaying or working correctly

I can't figure out if I screwed something up or what. This is what my theme options page looks like. I can't find anything because it's one long list:

Screen Shot 2012-01-19 at 11.49.48 AM by jenmenke, on Flickr
Hope I did that right...
Anyway, please help!
Old Jan 19, 2012, 01:25 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
try deactivating all your plugins
when did it start? had you just made a change to the site?
Old Jan 19, 2012, 01:28 PM
jenmenke

6 posts · Jan 2012
we traded responses in the air. I uploaded info.php to see what version php I was running because I want to show popular posts with a thumbnail. But I can't be certain the theme options were showing up correctly when I did that. I really haven't done much else.
Old Jan 19, 2012, 02:38 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
So what precipitated this? Did you just do an upgrade? When was it last working?
Old Jan 19, 2012, 03:52 PM
mkellam

60 posts · Jan 2011
I'm having exactly the same problem. When everything worked fine, I was running an old version of Wordpress and Atahualpa (more than a year out of date) because a technical problem at my host was preventing upgrades.

I switched hosts and then upgraded to Wordpress 3.3 with Atahualpa 3.7.3. That's when I noticed the problem... At first I thought it was a "feature" but the quicklinks don't work and it's been really difficult to use...

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Michael
Old Jan 19, 2012, 04:13 PM
mkellam

60 posts · Jan 2011
One other thing - Mine doesn't seem to have all of the options. The HTML/CSS Inserts box is gone.

Michael
Old Jan 19, 2012, 05:00 PM
jenmenke

6 posts · Jan 2012
To be honest, I'm not sure when it started. I haven't made any changes to the theme options until today. I, like Michael, updated to 3.7.3 (a while back, maybe 2 weeks ago) and, given his description, that is probably when mine stopped working too. I just didn't realize it until today. Should I go back to the previous version? (which for me was 3.6.4)
Old Jan 19, 2012, 05:06 PM
jenmenke

6 posts · Jan 2012
OK, so -- THANKFULLY -- I did the proper technique for updating my theme last time as outlined on bytes for all, so that I could easily reactive 3.6.4. And it, indeed, brought my theme options back to normal.

I do still want to figure this out though, as I want to stay current with atahualpa. So I am eager to get to the bottom of this.

To recap, I did deactivate all plug-ins and that did not fix it. Beyond that, I've done very, very little messing with the theme.
Old Jan 19, 2012, 06:22 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
do you have both versions in the theme folder so you can switch back and forth?
If so, would you let me poke inside a bit? If so send me a PM with an admin ID/pw and the URL
also who is your host?
Old Jan 19, 2012, 01:26 PM
jenmenke

6 posts · Jan 2012
any ideas? I've updated all plugins, then deactivated plugins, etc. Nothing fixes it. I can still make changes to the theme successfully, but this long list is intolerable. I have to scroll and search. I can't use the links from the contents.

thanks for any suggestions.