Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » RSS, Feeds & Subscribing »

[SOLVED] Is there a way to block JUST the byline from my feeds?

Old Dec 26, 2009, 12:59 PM
kindofadraag

8 posts · Dec 2009
long beach, ca
Send a message via AIM to kindofadraag
Help [SOLVED] Is there a way to block JUST the byline from my feeds?

I've inserted the php code for Simple Post Thumbnails in my byline.

I figured out how to block the byline from displaying in the first full post on the home page.

I've figured out how to make the byline show up on all the archive/category/etc pages.

But I can't figure out how to block it from showing up in my RSS feed.

As a result, I get a format that displays thumbnail AND post image - and they're the same photo.

Is there some conditional tag I can use to block the byline from displaying in my RSS feed? I tried to use the same php code that excludes certain categories from RSS, but it didn't work.

Site: http://www.fantasticweapon.com
Feed: http://www.fantasticweapon.com/feed
Running Atahualpa 3.4.2 and Wordpress 2.9

This is the code currently in my loop section (via Style/edit center column in Atahualpa Theme Options):

Code:
<?php /* Post Container starts here */ if ( function_exists('post_class') ) { ?> <div <?php if ( is_page() ) { post_class('post'); } else { post_class("$odd_or_even"); } ?> id="post-<?php the_ID(); ?>"> <?php } else { ?> <div class="<?php echo ( is_page() ? 'page ' : '' ) . $odd_or_even . ' post" id="post-'; the_ID(); ?>"> <?php } ?><?php
if ( has_post_thumbnail() ) {
	// the current post has a thumbnail
} else {
	// the current post lacks a thumbnail
}
?><?php bfa_post_kicker('<div class="post-kicker">','</div>'); ?> <?php bfa_post_headline('<div class="post-headline">','</div>'); ?><?php if ( is_front_page() AND $bfa_ata['postcount'] > 1) { ?>

<?php bfa_post_byline('<div class="post-byline">','</div>'); ?><?php } ?><?php if ( is_category() AND $bfa_ata['postcount'] > 1) { ?>

<?php bfa_post_byline('<div class="post-byline">','</div>'); ?><?php } ?><?php if ( is_author() AND $bfa_ata['postcount'] > 1) { ?>

<?php bfa_post_byline('<div class="post-byline">','</div>'); ?><?php } ?><?php if ( is_archive() AND $bfa_ata['postcount'] > 1) { ?>

<?php bfa_post_byline('<div class="post-byline">','</div>'); ?><?php } ?>
 <?php bfa_post_bodycopy('<div class="post-bodycopy clearfix">','</div>'); ?> <?php bfa_post_pagination('<p class="post-pagination"><strong>'.__('Pages:','atahualpa').'</strong>','</p>'); ?> <?php bfa_post_footer('<div class="post-footer">','</div>'); ?> </div><!-- / Post -->
Attachments: 2 examples of the problem I'm having (byline-feed.jpg, byline-feed2.jpg), 1 screenshot of current code in byline.

Anybody?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	thumb-feed.jpg
Views:	2065
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	332  Click image for larger version

Name:	thumb-feed-2.jpg
Views:	2051
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	333  Click image for larger version

Name:	byline-config.jpg
Views:	2074
Size:	36.3 KB
ID:	334  
Old Dec 30, 2009, 02:51 PM
kindofadraag

8 posts · Dec 2009
long beach, ca
Help Code to block byline on ALL posts in EVERY category from display in RSS feed?

I posted this in the RSS forum but I'm getting no response and the issue is driving me nuts so I'm putting it here too. Sorry if that breaks rules or something but I need help pleaaaase

-----

I've inserted the php code for Simple Post Thumbnails in my byline.

I figured out how to block the byline from displaying in the first full post on the home page.

I've figured out how to make the byline show up on all the archive/category/etc pages.

But I can't figure out how to block it from showing up in my RSS feed.

As a result, I get a format that displays thumbnail AND post image - and they're the same photo.

Is there some conditional tag I can use to block the byline from displaying in my RSS feed? I tried to use the same php code that excludes certain categories from RSS, but it didn't work.

Site: http://www.fantasticweapon.com
Feed: http://www.fantasticweapon.com/feed
Running Atahualpa 3.4.4 and Wordpress 2.9

This is the code currently in my loop section (via Style/edit center column in Atahualpa Theme Options):

Code:
<?php /* Post Container starts here */ if ( function_exists('post_class') ) { ?> <div <?php if ( is_page() ) { post_class('post'); } else { post_class("$odd_or_even"); } ?> id="post-<?php the_ID(); ?>"> <?php } else { ?> <div class="<?php echo ( is_page() ? 'page ' : '' ) . $odd_or_even . ' post" id="post-'; the_ID(); ?>"> <?php } ?><?php
if ( has_post_thumbnail() ) {
	// the current post has a thumbnail
} else {
	// the current post lacks a thumbnail
}
?><?php bfa_post_kicker('<div class="post-kicker">','</div>'); ?> <?php bfa_post_headline('<div class="post-headline">','</div>'); ?><?php if ( is_front_page() AND $bfa_ata['postcount'] > 1) { ?>

<?php bfa_post_byline('<div class="post-byline">','</div>'); ?><?php } ?><?php if ( is_category() AND $bfa_ata['postcount'] > 1) { ?>

<?php bfa_post_byline('<div class="post-byline">','</div>'); ?><?php } ?><?php if ( is_author() AND $bfa_ata['postcount'] > 1) { ?>

<?php bfa_post_byline('<div class="post-byline">','</div>'); ?><?php } ?><?php if ( is_archive() AND $bfa_ata['postcount'] > 1) { ?>

<?php bfa_post_byline('<div class="post-byline">','</div>'); ?><?php } ?>
 <?php bfa_post_bodycopy('<div class="post-bodycopy clearfix">','</div>'); ?> <?php bfa_post_pagination('<p class="post-pagination"><strong>'.__('Pages:','atahualpa').'</strong>','</p>'); ?> <?php bfa_post_footer('<div class="post-footer">','</div>'); ?> </div><!-- / Post -->
Anybody?
Old Dec 30, 2009, 02:51 PM
kindofadraag

8 posts · Dec 2009
long beach, ca
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindofadraag

Running Atahualpa 3.4.2 and Wordpress 2.9
Switched to 3.4.4 but still can't find a solution.
Old Jan 27, 2010, 11:35 PM
jonasgrumby

19 posts · Aug 2009
You can go into Style POSTS & PAGES > BYLINE Box and replace what is there with

visibility: hidden;

That will make it always hidden though....
Old Mar 12, 2010, 12:05 PM
kindofadraag

8 posts · Dec 2009
long beach, ca
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonasgrumby

not what i'm looking for.
could i perhaps do it by adding something similar to this to functions.php, except change it to "if (is_feed())" ((whatever the php is for do not display p75thumbnail)))???

Code:
<?php
   if (is_home()) {
      query_posts("cat=-1,-2,-3");
   }
?>
Old Mar 12, 2010, 12:18 PM
kindofadraag

8 posts · Dec 2009
long beach, ca
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonasgrumby

maybe i could do is there a way to add something like

Code:
#feed .postbyline {visibility: hidden;}
does the feed have any CSS assigned to it?