Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

[SOLVED] Moving the page menu bar a bit lower

Old Jul 13, 2010, 03:07 PM
Évajúlia

5 posts · Jul 2010
Győr, Hungary
Hi!
I hope you could help me, I'm such a newbie...sorry if my questions are so silly.
My problem is that I would like to move my pages menubar just a little bit lower, right above my posts. My blog currently looks like this: header-pages menu bar-space-posts and I'd like to delete that little space between my bar and my posts. I hope I'm making myself clear The thing is, I have no idea where to set that option, could you help me with that?

Also, I would like to know how exaclty can I set up the drop-down effect for my menu bar. Basically, I'd like to make a drop-down blogroll, if that's possible.

Ohh, one more thing: I cannot get the search box to show in my pages menu bar! I've selected the option 'Show search box?' to 'Yes' but nothing happens...why is this?

I appreciate your help.
Old Jul 13, 2010, 04:11 PM
Velma

272 posts · Feb 2009
First, for your search box, it shows in the "Logo" area, not anywhere else. I believe that if you search the forums you'll find the how of adding the search box to your menu bar.

Second, can you double check what you have in your Configure Header Area?

%image %pages %bar1

Is there a %bar1 under the %pages? If yes, you can delete that and it will take out that gap.

Hope that works!

Warmly,

Velma
Old Jul 14, 2010, 02:39 AM
Évajúlia

5 posts · Jul 2010
Győr, Hungary
Thank you for your reply, Velma!
So the search box is in connection with the logo area, didn't know it, thanks for the clarification I deleted my logo area, that's why I don't have the search box then. Nevermind, I added the search widget, that's also fine.

[EDIT] : I could solve my search box problem, yay me!

Here's my header area: %image %pages , so there's no additional stuff under my pages bar, that's why I'm so lost right now...

And here's what it looks like real time: http://evajulia.comule.com/

That little space really bugs me...I guess I should mess with the CSS but I'm not so good at this...

Last edited by Évajúlia; Jul 14, 2010 at 02:46 AM.
Old Jul 14, 2010, 04:46 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
go to ato->Add HTML/CSS Inserts->CSS Inserts and remove the portion
HTML Code:
td#header {
padding-bottom:15px
}
Old Jul 14, 2010, 05:04 AM
Évajúlia

5 posts · Jul 2010
Győr, Hungary
Ohh, thank you, juggledad! It looks perfect now!