Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

[SOLVED] Custom Widget area to appear outside of wrapper?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Dec 15, 2011, 12:44 PM
lehacarpenter

33 posts · Oct 2009
[SOLVED] Custom Widget area to appear outside of wrapper?

Hi:

I was wondering if anyone had ever tried adjusting a custom widget area (using CSS?) to appear actually outside of the wrapper?

My goal is to increase a visitor's ability to navigate the posting content of various categories, so I'm trying to make a simple Categories menu that will appear either on every page, or just on posting pages (the latter would be better, but I'm not picky).

The problem is, I don't have room for sidebars on the posting pages, so I set the site up to make sidebars go away on posting pages (I don't want to make the whole wrapper wider, because it would be too--um--wide). I'd like a categories menu that appears flush left, on the right side of the site, just outside the wrapper. Is that something I could just push over using position? I'm not sure how to set that up. Seems like if I use absolute position it will be different depending on the browser, because the wrapper itself is centered... This is where I get lost.

If nobody's done this kind of thing, I understand. Just thought I'd try.

Thanks!

Leha