Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

I want a full width header, fixed width content and a background image

Old Aug 3, 2011, 06:16 PM
tsheridan

94 posts · Mar 2011
URL is www.theresasheridan.com/blog

Right now, I have the background set up with the actual header image, which is full width. Then I have a fixed width content and I have put a padding at the top, so that it will drop below the background header image.

What I want to do is add a repeating background below the header image, so that it resembles my main site at www.theresasheridan.com.

I had tried a fix I found at http://letusbuzz.com/2011/03/full-wi...-in-atahualpa/, and this works, but it doesn't allow me to have the menu over the header image, as I do now.

How can I accomplish this, or can I?

Last edited by juggledad; Jan 29, 2013 at 04:12 PM.
Old Aug 4, 2011, 09:13 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
You might be able to style the html tag with a background.
Old Aug 5, 2011, 08:41 AM
tsheridan

94 posts · Mar 2011
You've kinda lost me, which HTML tag are you referring to? The body already has the header as the background.
If I wanted to add another wrapper div, how would I do that? Then I could use the wrapper div for one background and the body for the other....at least I think I could. That's how I did it on my main site.
Old Aug 5, 2011, 03:31 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Something like this with the proper CSS perhaps

HTML Code:
html {
background: url(/wp-content/themes/atahualpa367/images/backgr.gif) repeat bottom left;
}
Old Jan 29, 2013, 02:43 PM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
You're using the Ultimatum theme framework?
Old Jan 29, 2013, 02:46 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Probably wasn't using Ultimatum at the time of the original post.