Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

[SOLVED] Will Future Theme Updates Delete/Break Styling?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Sep 28, 2012, 05:08 PM
2chicks

10 posts · Jan 2010
[SOLVED] Will Future Theme Updates Delete/Break Styling?

The title basically sums up what I want to know.

I am designing a blog for our website design company. I was installing Atahualpa, as I usually do to start with, when Montezuma came up in the WP theme installer. Out of curiosity I installed it, and it looks much better, and the code is significantly lighter. I am very impressed.

So the one thing holding me back from using this on our project is the updating problem. In Atahualpa it would wipe out all customizations. Is updating this theme going to also over-right all the options, and settings? I am worrying because it is such a new theme, and does not have all the bugs worked out yet. So updating might be the only option at some point.

Thank you in advance!