Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

Web Site doesn't display after upgrading Atahualpa from 3.4.9 to 3.6

Old Jan 5, 2011, 10:24 PM
desoda

5 posts · Jan 2011
Ontario, Canada
I JUST upgraded my Atahualpa theme 10 mins ago to 3.6 and the web site doesn't display anything in Chrome or Firefox.

When I look at the HTML code, the header info is there, but nothing in between the <body></body> tags.

I've done no code modification with this theme - only the options provided.

Please help!

-- deSoDa
Old Jan 6, 2011, 01:46 AM
Anduin

1 posts · Jan 2011
I have the same problem, I updated and the blog disappeared on Firefox, Chrome and IE. I switched to other themes to test and the blog works fine. I reset all of the theme's settings and I still can't see a thing.

Help!
Old Jan 6, 2011, 02:55 AM
Carlo

42 posts · Jan 2010
Yep, I had the same kind of problem: My entire site was jumbled up. Headers gone, header menu's hierarchy gone, centre columns doesn't show and general layout is scrambled. I went back to 3.5.3 and all works fine again. I'll leave it to that until there's a bugfix release. I hear this will come in two weeks...
Old Jan 6, 2011, 04:00 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
what release did you upgrade from?
what version of WP? Atahualpa 3.6 requires WP 3+)
what is the url?

aslo - please apply the fix in http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=12032

Last edited by juggledad; Jan 6, 2011 at 04:05 AM.
Old Jan 6, 2011, 09:25 AM
desoda

5 posts · Jan 2011
Ontario, Canada
I upgraded from 3.4.9 to 3.6
I am using WP 3.0.4
The url is http://www.diypc.ca

I have applied the css.php fix as you referenced, but it made no difference.

Also, I don't have the original v3.4.9 files that I created this site in, so I'm kinda hooped until there's a fix for this.

Any assistance is appreciated.

--deSoDa
Old Jan 6, 2011, 09:29 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
go to ato->export/import settings export your settings and attach it to a reply
Old Jan 6, 2011, 11:03 AM
desoda

5 posts · Jan 2011
Ontario, Canada
Here it is....

--deSoDa
Attached Files
File Type: txt ata-wwwdiypcca-20110106.txt (18.5 KB, 882 views)
Old Jan 6, 2011, 11:16 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
very odd, your settings work fine for me.
1) at dashboard->settings-General are your 'WordPress address (URL)' and 'Site address (URL)' the same?

you can get a copy of 349 at http://wordpress.bytesforall.com/?p=90 and do a manual install
see http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=8520

this is an environmental issue, some people are having no problem and others are having issues, it's just figuring out what that issue is...
Old Jan 6, 2011, 12:56 PM
desoda

5 posts · Jan 2011
Ontario, Canada
The strange thing is, I had just fired up the web browser yesterday to review my last article, then logged into WP Admin and saw the update notice for Atahualpa, so I ran the automated WP updater, and that was it - everything stopped.

There were no other changes immediately before the problem, and I verified that it was working OK because I was reading my own article prior to logging in.

Could it be that the upgrade isn't working well with one of the plugins? Just a thought.

-- deSoDa
Old Jan 6, 2011, 01:01 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
No, it's not a plugin conflict. 3.6 has a lot of changes required by WordPress.org and it looks like some of the changes are causing problems with some users. While there are a couple errors in the code, some errors seem to be environmental (some users work, others don't), the trick is finding that setting (my guess is a php setting)
Old Jan 6, 2011, 01:15 PM
desoda

5 posts · Jan 2011
Ontario, Canada
Although my site has recently made 'production' status, it's not detrimental if I keep it offline for a few days. If you think it will help BFA, I can leave the current version installed and test some changes for you and the team.

I'm an IT guy and I can understand that it's sometimes hard to replicate a problem.

If you don't think it will help, I'll download and manually install ver 3.4.9.

---

Going back to an earlier question of yours, both WP and Site Address URLs are the same, but at some point earlier in the week, I had changed them to match. Originally, the WP URL read http://diypc.ca, while the Site URL read http://www.diypc.ca.

I did this so that anyone going to http://diypc.ca would be redirected to http://www.diypc.ca. As a test, I changed them back and nothing happened.

Thanks again for your assistance in this matter. Don't hesitate to ask if there's anything I can do to help.

-- deSoDa
Old Jan 6, 2011, 01:45 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
I'm waiting to hear back from Flynn the developer, but I think it is a php setting. It is working for some sites.

can you do a phpinfo() and put the results in a reply (or send them to me in a PM)?

easiest way to do it is get the plugin 'exec-php;' and activate it.
add a post with
HTML Code:
<?php phpinfo(); ?>
as the content - publish it
Next switch to the twenty-ten theme
view the post
Old Jan 18, 2011, 02:57 PM
paula

5 posts · Dec 2010
Any news on this topic? I am running WP 3.0.4 and just upgraded Atahualpa.
My blog disappeared as well.
I unfortunately cannot directly provide a link to my blog here on the forum since there are NDA protected projects on there.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 03:03 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Nothing at the moment. It is working for many, the php.ini "fix" takes care of the issue for others. The rest we are still not sure about and just recommend staying at 3.5.3 for now.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 03:10 PM
paula

5 posts · Dec 2010
thanks for the quick reply.
Downgraded and blog is showing again.

Last edited by paula; Jan 18, 2011 at 03:21 PM.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 03:16 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
  • First it's always good to backup before upgrading
  • Download 3.5.3 from wordpress.bytesforall.com
  • Unzip the theme
  • Upload the atahualpa353 folder into the WP themes folder (you will now have your current theme and the atathalpa353 folder there
  • copy any images you uploaded into your current themes images folders into the atahualpa353 images folder.
  • Activate Atahualpa 353.
To see more complete instructions for a manual upgrade see this thread. They are the same for a downgrade. I always use the manual upgrade method so if something is amiss I can just switch back.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 03:23 PM
paula

5 posts · Dec 2010
Wow You're so fast and I hadn't checked back yet
Luckily I did manage on my own, thanks for the help