Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

[SOLVED] Css grid not working in footer

Old Jan 21, 2013, 08:13 PM
jerryc

367 posts · Oct 2012
Florida
[SOLVED] Css grid not working in footer

I tried to make my footer align with my content section. I used the same css grid as I did for my content:

Code:
<div class = "row">
    <div class = "col3">
    </div>
    <div class = "col7">
    </div>
    <div class = "col2">
    </div>
</div>
It works fine in the content, but, in the footer, the 7 wide column is on the left instead of under the center column.

I even tried inline float and clear declarations, but that didn't work, either. Here's the whole footer:

Code:
<div id="footer-bg">
  <div style = "clear:both;">
</div>
  <div id="footer" class="lw row" style = "float:left; clear:none;">
      <div class = "col3" style = "float:left; clear:none;">
      </div>
      <div class = "col7" style = "background:#eeeeff; text-align:left; float:left; clear:none;">
		<p>&copy; <?php echo date( 'Y' ); ?> <?php bloginfo('name'); ?> &mdash; <?php __( 'All Rights Reserved.', 'montezuma' ); ?></p>
      </div>
  <div class = "col2"  style = "float:left; clear:none;">
  </div>
  </div>
</div>
Here's: the layout. Any suggestions?
Old Jan 22, 2013, 05:00 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
change your first row to
HTML Code:
<div class = "col3" style = "float:left; clear:none;">&nbsp;</div>
an empty div is generally ignored by the browsers wo putting in a 'blank' character gives them something to handle.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 08:02 AM
jerryc

367 posts · Oct 2012
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
change your first row to
HTML Code:
<div class = "col3" style = "float:left; clear:none;">&nbsp;</div>
an empty div is generally ignored by the browsers wo putting in a 'blank' character gives them something to handle.
I remember having to do that years ago with tables, but I didn't remember having to use it on div's before. It worked perfectly.

Thanks, Juggledad. I love this theme and this forum.