Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Making the tagline logo area read page title

Old Jul 27, 2009, 01:13 PM
maguai

18 posts · Jul 2009
Making the tagline logo area read page title

Is there a way to make the %logo% area with tagline appear to be the page body title instead and then use it as a link. I use it for SEO purposes.
I am using Atahualpa 3.4.1. Here is the tricky part. My permalink is a different name from the title and I don't want the name for the permalink. Also page title is different from the body title, I don't want the page title either.
You can see the existing html link above at http://www.the80schild.com/artists/ACDC.html
and the Atahualpa page I am working on. http://www.the80schild.com/artists/acdc/
You can see how it reads '80's music concert tour news.'
It needs to say AC/DC Music News - Black Ice Tour as under Atahualpa page options. All pages should say something different.
Thanks!
Old Aug 6, 2009, 11:37 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
You can create your own header area instead of using the %logo etc. tags

In Theme Options -> Style % Edit HEADER AREA -> Configure Header Area

<div class="seotitle"><h2><a href="<?php the_permalink() ?>"><?php global $post; echo htmlentities(get_post_meta($post->ID, 'bfa_ata_body_title', true),ENT_QUOTES,'UTF-8'); ?></a></h2>
</div>

Replace bfa_ata_body_title with bfa_ata_body_title_multi or bfa_ata_meta_title
Old Aug 12, 2009, 04:44 PM
maguai

18 posts · Jul 2009
I may be retarded, where does this actual line of code go, where the %logo % images %pages goes or in logo style area, blog tagline area.. etc. Im not totally sure.
I have got it replacing %logo. I am not getting any text though. I am getting the background of my seotitle div class from my css.

Last edited by maguai; Aug 12, 2009 at 05:01 PM.
Old Aug 13, 2009, 11:00 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Small correction, the code above is fixed now. Additionally, you'd have to go to Pages -> Edit and click save so that the alternative titles at "Atahualpa Page Options" (below the Wordpress Post/Page Write Panel) get saved.
Old Aug 18, 2009, 10:53 AM
maguai

18 posts · Jul 2009
Yes!! Thank you!