Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

WYSIWYG for Atahualpa?

Old Apr 6, 2009, 09:40 PM
eBayQueen

2 posts · Apr 2009
Kansas
I am new to wordpress.. I have chosen the Atahualpa theme. Is there anyway to use this in a WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) form? I am not HTML literate..

Thanks.
Old Apr 6, 2009, 10:53 PM
wrastler

Atahualpa is for people just like you. All adjustments are pretty simple and organized through the tabs of the theme options.

If you just want a theme that is already done, I would just go with the standard one.
Old Apr 7, 2009, 05:52 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
Wrastler said it.

In addition, the word processor built into Wordpress works pretty much like Word. I added the TinyMCE Advanced plugin to make it even more user-friendly, and you can decide which of the function buttons you want to add to the toolbar at the top of the editing pane.

If you haven't visited the Wordpress site yet, you should go to http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/ to learn about plugins. There are some marvelous ones that allow you make Wordpress (and this theme) do pretty much anything you need.
Old Apr 7, 2009, 11:34 AM
AJayH

3 posts · Feb 2009
The best wysiwyg editor plugin I've found so far is Dean's FCKEditor for Wordpress. I used it successfully to create page allowing me to center a photo with text on both sides. I like the full screen feature and the support of templates. You can find it at:
http://www.deanlee.cn/wordpress/fcke...dpress-plugin/

btw Wordpress makes installing plugins very easy. Save the zip file to your hard drive then select Appearance/Plugins/Install -
Old Apr 7, 2009, 01:02 PM
eBayQueen

2 posts · Apr 2009
Kansas
I downloaded the Dean's editor.. does it also edit the theme it's self?

I want to do the layout of my theme.. and I can't seem to figure out how to edit that without using HTML.

Suzie
Old Apr 7, 2009, 01:34 PM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
No, the editors don't edit the theme itself. You can change many of the options of the theme in Atahualpa Theme Options. You can edit many of the PHP files that make up the theme too, but you are getting into dangerous territory there if you don't know PHP.

Your best bet, I think, is to find a theme that is very close to what you want already, and do minor tweaks from there. Atahualpa already had the basic layout I wanted, and the many customizations available through the theme options page just blew me away.