Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Why is one font page title larger than others? How do I fix it?

Old Mar 29, 2010, 09:34 AM
sjolyjuly

70 posts · Mar 2010
Why is one font page title larger than others? How do I fix it?

Hi. I am a contributor but got sign ins mixed up and don't remember which account I donated under.

1: I haven't been able to make sense of the 'page' default in Wordpress that I can't make work under this theme. The font is much larger for one entry than the others. I haven't been messing with the fonts except for the header. Web site: www.arthritis-alternatives.com.

2: Is there a way to add a 'text' box to the front page? I need alot of specific advice before I can reprogram the code.

3. I'd like to add the email subscription widget that is now the wordpress.com default. Can you tell me how?

Thanks for a terrific theme.
Old Mar 29, 2010, 05:42 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Quote:
1: I haven't been able to make sense of the 'page' default in Wordpress that I can't make work under this theme. The font is much larger for one entry than the others. I haven't been messing with the fonts except for the header. Web site: www.arthritis-alternatives.com.
what entries are you talking about - be specific
Quote:
2: Is there a way to add a 'text' box to the front page? I need alot of specific advice before I can reprogram the code.
what do you mean - like the sticky or something else? where will it go, what do you want it to do?
Quote:
3. I'd like to add the email subscription widget that is now the wordpress.com default. Can you tell me how?
well you could ask them for it or try grabbing the code and making your own widget - I've never seen it since I'm not on wordpress.com
Old Apr 1, 2010, 01:53 PM
sjolyjuly

70 posts · Mar 2010
Hi, again. Afraid I can't explain the problem using geek words. (I'm trying to get better at this)

Can you look at the site www.arthritis-alternatives.com and note the varying sizes of the category links on the right sidebar. Can you tell me how to fix so that they are all the same, default, size?

thanks.
Old Apr 1, 2010, 05:41 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Terminology lesson.

'categories' is a term used in wordpress. You can define 'categories' that you can assign post's to. Maybe you have a category called COLOR and one called ANIMALS so if you wrote a post about the easter bunny, you would assign it to the ANIMAL category. If you wrote a post about a blue ball, you would assing it to the COLOR category and if you wrote about a little brown duck, you could assign it to both categories.

In the SIDEBARs you can add WIDGETs. There just happens to be a CATEGORY widget, so when you say 'look at the ... category links on the right sidebar' I don't see the CATEGORY widget, I see it on the right.

On the right sidebar I see several widgets and the WIDGET TITLE's are of different sizes and the UNORDERED list for two of them are different than the others.

so now teh question becomes, are you talking about the titles of the widgets in the right sidebar and or the presentation of the lists in each of the widgets.? And if so, since there are two different styles, which one do you want? the stile used in teh 'Recent Posts' widget or the stile used in the 'Other Sites' widget?
Old Apr 3, 2010, 09:02 AM
sjolyjuly

70 posts · Mar 2010
the widgets you mention were created under the 'Links', 'category links' section under the WP dashboard. I created the names I wanted them to have so they don't say 'categories', which is on the left sidebar as you say. so, my question is, how do I make the 'link category' titles all the same size? don't know why the size varies. thanks.
Old Apr 3, 2010, 10:12 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
I see what you have done. You are making work for yourself.

You should not add anything except external links to the 'link categories'. If you want the have the pages and meta in the sidebar, go to the widget section of the dashboard and drag the PAGES widget to the sidebar, then drag the META widget to the sidebar
Old Apr 4, 2010, 04:07 PM
sjolyjuly

70 posts · Mar 2010
2 questions:

1- the atahualpa theme: can't remove the opaque from each side of the header. I changed the code to '0' but the opaque stays. do you know how to fix?

2- the 'pages' with this theme are tabs at the top of the header section. there is no ''page' widget that I can move.

How can I get all the category link titles the same size?

Thanks.