Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Comments, trackbacks & pings »

comment form shows on pages but not posts - why?

Old Feb 28, 2009, 06:08 PM
Lisa

4 posts · Feb 2009
Hi everyone,

Great template - I love it, but I have a little annoying problem on a site I am working on for a friend.

I have a visable comments form on the pages, but not on post. I want the form showing as it makes it more obvious for readers to make comments.

examples are:
a page and a sample post

I don't know if it is relevant but I have noticed that at the bottom of the pages the form is titled 'Leave a reply' but the link at the bottom of the posts state 'leave a comment'. Is this anything to do with it?

<?php // Load Comments template (on single post pages, and "Page" pages, if set on options page)
if ( is_single() OR ( is_page() && $bfa_ata_comments_on_pages == "Yes") ) {
if (function_exists('paged_comments')) {
paged_comments_template(); // If plugin "Paged Comments" is activated, for WP 2.6 and older
} else {
comments_template(); // This will load either legacy comments template (for WP 2.6 and older) or the new standard comments template (for WP 2.7 and newer)

I read in a previous thread that it may have to do with the index.php so I have pasted that section here incase it helps.

I am using wordpress 2.7

Your help would really be appreciated.

Thank you

Lisa
Old Mar 3, 2009, 07:49 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Everything seems alright. The link you posted as "post" is in fact a category link. Once you click on the post in that category you're taken to the single post page with comment form
Old Mar 4, 2009, 05:14 AM
Lisa

4 posts · Feb 2009
I must have been having a Homer Simpson moment ' Doh'

Sorry for wasting your time Flynn.

I really do love this template. The one I mentioned above was for a friend of mine. I am now going to change mine over to this as well. I love it (did I say that already)