Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Configuration Panels Behavior

Old Mar 7, 2010, 12:55 PM
kpkes@yahoo.com

24 posts · Feb 2010
I am working on several Atahualpa themed webpages. One of them is almost like the default, with two sidebars left and right. On the two of the other ones, I have done significant appearance and style changes. In these two, the configuration option pages do not scale the fields for entering the customised style items: it remains at displaying just one line, hiding additional style item lines.

This does not happen with the website with the close to default configuration. In that one, the entry fields scale with each line I put in, i.e. displaying all the lines I have put in.

I am using firefox as my main browser, but when using safari, I get a little pulldown option in the far right of the entry field to drag and display the 'hidden' options.

My question is why does this happen: is there a placeholder somewhere that defines the behavior of the entry fields in the configuration option pages ?

Peter
Old Mar 7, 2010, 02:28 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
i believe is is a java conflict between with a plugin. Try de-activating all your plugins and seeif the problem still exists.
Old Mar 7, 2010, 03:32 PM
kpkes@yahoo.com

24 posts · Feb 2010
Thanks JD, the plugin causing this behavior turns out to be the "Better Comments Manager" . As soon as I activate this plugin, the entry boxes don't scale with content.
Any idea what causes this ?
Peter

Last edited by juggledad; Mar 8, 2010 at 04:55 AM.
Old Mar 8, 2010, 04:57 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
I'm assuming that there are variables in Java that are being used in more than once. and they are being shared. I'E. if one java routine shay 'set I = 50' and the next comes along and says 'set I to 1', when the first routine starts up again, it will have some problems.
Old Jun 11, 2010, 03:45 AM
AndrewRH

14 posts · Jun 2009
Whitchurch, Hampshire, UK
Just to say 'me too' but I do not use the plug-in mentioned below. I will see if I can find out which one of the numerous ones I use cause it.

Is this an issue that can be worked-around in Atahualpa?

~Andrew~
Old Jun 11, 2010, 04:10 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
unfortunately no, it seems to really be a wordpress issue. you can check this by going to the dashboard and if you have the 'quickpress' turned on, there should be a box for the content that is resizable. You can even switch to teh default theme to eliminate Atahualpa altogether.

Coders use variables and most of the time they use short names, so the chance of two or more coders (ie a wordpress coder and a plugin author) both using the variable 'j' is pretty high.

So unless you can figure out how to make everyone who will ever write code to adhere to a common set of standards.....
Old Jun 11, 2010, 04:46 AM
AndrewRH

14 posts · Jun 2009
Quickpress shows just about 3 lines; whereas the theme editor shows just 1, and no scroll bar either.

Seems that a namespace is required in the code to sort this. At very least code could have a prefix added, e.g. bfa_j = 5; couldn't it?

(don't intend to get into techie stuff here as I don't know your code, just was hoping a solution can be found to 'bullet-proof' the Atahualpa from this issue)

~Andrew~
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	quickpress scroll bars.jpg
Views:	694
Size:	26.3 KB
ID:	532  
Old Jun 11, 2010, 05:01 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
but notice in teh quickpress contents box, at the bottom right corner there is no three angled lines that allow you to make the box bigger. Try disabling all your plugins and see if it shows up and you can resize the box.

If you changed to the default theme and see this same thing in the quick press, then Atahualpa isn't in the picure at all.
Old Jun 15, 2010, 08:34 AM
AndrewRH

14 posts · Jun 2009
Ah. I got as far as disabling all my plug-ins and re-activating them one-by-one.

The Atahualpa text boxes stopped working right when I activated the WP-dTree plug-in.

Suggestions for alternatives to that plug-in greatly appreciated.

Just spotted same plug-in issue covered in this thread.

~Andrew~

Last edited by AndrewRH; Jun 15, 2010 at 08:45 AM.