Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

how to insert php code into widget or sidebar

Old Apr 6, 2010, 12:37 AM
Stingraynut

24 posts · Apr 2010
Cairns Australia
I've followed the instructions here http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthr...header+section

and placed two widgets in the header. I want to run Featured Content Gallery in the right side widget.

I installed the 'Executable PHP widget' plugin and put that in the RH widget and pasted in the PHP code for the gallery
Code:
<?php include (ABSPATH . '/wp-content/plugins/featured-content-gallery/gallery.php'); ?>
The gallery shows up black with a loading bar but won't progress to the slideshow.

If I paste the PHP code into Header.php the slideshow works fine but it is on the lefthand side.

I guess if I put it into a div and add a class for right align I could do it that way, but I would like to know if there is a better way ?

My test site is at http://test.robhealey.com.au

Last edited by Stingraynut; Apr 6, 2010 at 01:43 AM.
Old Apr 6, 2010, 08:25 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Have you tried any other plugins such as the Linkable Title Html and Php Widget to see if it is widget related. Another I have used is the Advanced Text Widget but that is a bit older.