Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Header Images Fail to Rotate

Old Jun 6, 2009, 01:15 PM
Yarrokon

8 posts · Jun 2009
Surprise, AZ
Layout Header Images Fail to Rotate

Hello,

I've upgraded from 3.3.2 to 3.3.3 and my header images no longer rotate as they use to. I have around 30 images in the images/header/ folder and a click of any link would randomly display one of the new header images.

With the upgrade you can click a link, hit refresh, CTRL+refresh and you get the same image. I've tested in IE8 and Chrome and have no script errors. I blew away my Wordpress install and did a full new install and still the images do not rotate.

Please understand I am not looking to rotate my images every few seconds, but to randomly grab one of the 30 images I have with the click of any link like version 3.3.2 use to work.

Regards,
Yarrokon
Old Jun 6, 2009, 01:43 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
when you did the upgrade. did you move the header images to the new versions image/header folder?
Old Jun 6, 2009, 05:13 PM
Yarrokon

8 posts · Jun 2009
Surprise, AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
when you did the upgrade. did you move the header images to the new versions image/header folder?
juggledad,

Yes, the images were copied over to the new folder in the first install a few weeks ago, and then yesterday I did the fresh install and again uploaded the images to the below location. "\wp-content\themes\atahualpa333\images\header\"

It will mainly show one image, some times two images but will always go back to the first image that is loaded when the site comes up. I am using Wordpress v2.7.1 and Atahualpa 3.3.3 which I again downloaded today.

I've added some pages, and the images seem to rotate more but not as often as the previous version. I am wondering if this could be a CACHING issue? You use to be able to click the same link and get a new image just about every single time.

http://www.phxshared.com/

Again, thank you for your assistance!

Regards,
Yarrokon
Old Jun 6, 2009, 06:04 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Do you have any caching plugin's installed? If so, disable them and see what happens.
Old Jun 6, 2009, 07:40 PM
Yarrokon

8 posts · Jun 2009
Surprise, AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
Do you have any caching plugin's installed? If so, disable them and see what happens.
Nothing major yet as I have just about the default install pretty much.

Plugins installed are; Akismet, Contact Form 7, and Google Analytics for WordPress (Google Analytics Tracking Code is in header.php)

Are you seeing the same thing with the link that I've provided? For Internet Explorer I have my CACHE removed on exit of the application, set to 50mb and looking for new content set at "Every time I visit the webpage".

Regards,
Yarrokon
Old Jun 7, 2009, 03:21 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Quote:
...and Google Analytics for WordPress (Google Analytics Tracking Code is in header.php
wait, did you modify header.php? If so, please restore the original and see if you still have a problem