Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Recent Comments widget: possible bug in linking of new comments

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Jan 5, 2010, 02:15 AM
Jozefs

26 posts · Jul 2009
Belgium
Exclamation Recent Comments widget: possible bug in linking of new comments

In the bfa recent comments widget the comments links sometimes give the wrong links. E.g. when the first new comment is on page 4 of the comments for that particular article, the link is (for example)

HTML Code:
[url]http://www.diskidee.be/2009/12/29/aldi-internetradio-bezint-eer-je-begint/9789/comment-page-4/#comment-33682[/url]
That is a correct link. However when one of the other new comments is on another page or the first page of that particular article, the link still points tot page-4. The comment number is correct, the pagenumber not, resulting in a faulty link, e.g.

HTML Code:
[url]http://www.diskidee.be/2009/01/16/voor-grote-scanopdrachten/8691/comment-page-4/#comment-33676[/url]
This article has only one page of comments, therefore the correct link would be:

HTML Code:
[url]http://www.diskidee.be/2009/01/16/voor-grote-scanopdrachten/8691/comment-page-1/#comment-33676[/url]
So, the page number of the first new comment page is retained in all subsequent new comment links.

This also happens when I use the standard wordpress new comments widget. So it seems either to be a problem in WP (I'm using 2.9) or maybe in Greg's Threaded Comment Numbering plug-in which I also use. Or is it a problem in Atahualpa? Or is there an error in my configuration of the theme?

Any help would be greatly appreaciated.

Last edited by Jozefs; Jan 6, 2010 at 01:24 AM.