Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

[SOLVED] How do I fix the width of the center column?

Old Mar 19, 2009, 11:31 PM
weightlosscoach

12 posts · Mar 2009
When I exclude the sidebars from a specific page, the center column automatically adjusts its width.

How do I keep it fixed?
Old Mar 20, 2009, 09:02 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
You could add a HTML/CSS Inserts -> CSS Insert

HTML Code:
.coltwo { width: XXXpx; }
XXX = width in pixels
Old Mar 22, 2009, 01:31 PM
weightlosscoach

12 posts · Mar 2009
It worked! Thank you.

I added that one line in the style.css file.

Can I add a separate CSS file like custommod.css that will override style.css? This way, everytime there is a change in style.css whenever I upgrade, there will be minimal modification.

Just wondering. Thanks again.

Last edited by weightlosscoach; Mar 23, 2009 at 07:03 AM.
Old Mar 23, 2009, 03:01 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Sure, you can add as many CSS files as you wish. You'd have to reference each additional css.file in header.php (just like you'd do with any web site)

PHP Code:
<link rel="stylesheet" href="<?php echo get_bloginfo('template_directory'); ?>/your/css/file.css" type="text/css" />
<?php echo get_bloginfo('template_directory'); ?> creates http://www.yoursite.com/wp-content/themes/atahualpa