Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

jquery Expand Table Rows - where to insert code

Old May 10, 2010, 02:27 PM
lrosenshine

1 posts · May 2010
Hello,

I am trying to incorporate some jquery function to expand table cells on click:
http://www.jankoatwarpspeed.com/post/2009/07/20/Expand-table-rows-with-jQuery-jExpand-plugin.aspx

I am a bit hesitant to mess around too much in the js.php file, as I'm not sure where to insert the jquery js code:
Code:
(function($){
    $.fn.jExpand = function(){
        var element = this;

$(element).find("tr:odd").addClass("odd");
        $(element).find("tr:not(.odd)").hide();
        $(element).find("tr:first-child").show();

$(element).find("tr.odd").click(function() {
            $(this).next("tr").toggle();
        });

}    
})(jQuery);
I am also a bit worried this might conflict with the scripting already running to highlight cells on mouse over (but I guess I can deal with that once I try to implement it.

Wordpress 2.9.2
Atahualpa 3.4.6

Thanks for any help!