Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Comments, trackbacks & pings »

[SOLVED] BUGFIX - 3.4.1->3.4.6 - Comment form will not show up after first comment on

Old Jan 28, 2010, 03:52 PM
LauriePK

8 posts · Jan 2010
Yes, both blogs are on the same host.

Both blogs have the same plugins, but none are security-minded.

Before I installed atahualpa on this troublesome blog, I used a theme that came with post thumbnails. I can't see how those posts with thumbnails would affect the comments on pages, but... ???

Maybe I'll try deleting and re-installing all the comments php files......I can't think of anything else to do! Do you think that might work?

Thanks for your help,
Laurie
Old Jan 28, 2010, 08:34 PM
LauriePK

8 posts · Jan 2010
Jeepers, now my comments are closed on a post -- and the "close comments on articles older than..." box is NOT checked off in the Discussion settings in this blog. What's up with that? Is it related to not being able to get comments on pages?
Old Jan 29, 2010, 09:38 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
The way I understand it You can have wordpress automatically close discussions after a certain number of days so by having that option NOT checked, the discuession on posts will remain open forever...unless
there is a setting on each post that allows discuession for a post to be allowed or not. It comments are allowed, you should be able to comment on that post.

Reinstalling the theme shouldn't effect either of these settings
Old Jan 30, 2010, 07:38 AM
LauriePK

8 posts · Jan 2010
I fixed it! :-)
Old Jan 30, 2010, 10:04 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
What did you do?
Old Jan 30, 2010, 10:16 AM
LauriePK

8 posts · Jan 2010
I made a mistake the first time I copied the comment.php file to my FTP -- I copied the folder, not the file. Not sure why I made this mistake when I did it correctly the first time....I'm chalking it up to a long day :-)

So, I just followed your original instructions again (the next day, when I was fresh), and voila! Comments on pages -- yay.

Still don't know why one of my posts doesn't allow comments, though. The correct boxes are checked....

http://seejanesoar.theadventurouswri...nality-traits/

This is an odd one.

Laurie
Old Jan 30, 2010, 11:26 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
try taking out the related posts and share this to see if that changes things
Old Feb 3, 2010, 10:31 AM
nello

12 posts · Mar 2009
Thanks for the fix.
BTW, this bug is still in 3.4.5 and this should be fixed before the next release, since your fix is good
Old Feb 4, 2010, 07:38 AM
griffinjay

16 posts · May 2009
Yep, the fix worked for me, too. I'm using Atahualpa 3.4.4.

It would good to have a comment posted here when this glitch is fixed with a new version.
Old Feb 12, 2010, 04:03 PM
babak

1 posts · Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
==================
Update: Grab the comment.zip in post#8 to fix this
==================

There is a bug in the comment code which causes the comment form not to show up after the first comment is made on a 'PAGE' page. To fix this bug do the following

Edit comment.php and find line 79-80 (versions 341/344) which should be
HTML Code:
<?php // If comments are open
if ('open' == $post->comment_status) : ?>
and replace them with the following
HTML Code:
<?php // If comments are open
if ( ('open' == $post->comment_status) 
OR ( is_page() and ('Yes' == $bfa_ata[comments_on_pages]) and ('open' == $post->comment_status) )) : ?>
save the file to the host and you should be all set.
Hi,
I'm having the same problem.

I did replace the code in comment.php, but I'm still experiencing the same problem. Only one comment is accepted on pages.
Old Feb 13, 2010, 05:24 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
NOTE: There are two parts to fix this problem

1) replace comment.php in the atahualpa folder with the attached file (unzip it first) and
2) fix the WordPress code described in post 14

comments.php.zip
Old Mar 5, 2010, 04:14 PM
Hamlet

12 posts · May 2009
Thank you man my comment box is now back!
Old Mar 6, 2010, 05:41 AM
alamperti

1 posts · Mar 2010
Italy
Send a message via ICQ to alamperti Send a message via MSN to alamperti Send a message via Yahoo to alamperti Send a message via Skype™ to alamperti
@juggledad comments on pages restored! thanks, donation sent.

cheers from Italy
Old Apr 7, 2010, 01:57 AM
lmt

29 posts · Jan 2010
Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
NOTE: There are two parts to fix this problem

1) replace comment.php in the atahualpa folder with the attached file (unzip it first) and
2) fix the WordPress code described in post 14

Attachment 392
Hi Juggledad:

I am trying to fix this bug but having problems.

1. I cannot unzip the file because it says I do not have the program on my computer to open the attached file for comment.php What file can I download to unzip the comment.php file?

2. I am having problems finding the file you mentioned in post 14. Is it the same as the comment.php file or in the FTP files?
Old Apr 7, 2010, 04:14 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
1) do a google search for 'unzip programs' and download one for your operating system

2) this is one of WordPress's files
Quote:
...edit comment-template.php (it's in the wp-includes folder) and find the function...

Last edited by juggledad; Apr 18, 2010 at 06:58 PM.
Old Apr 28, 2010, 03:53 AM
Grum

49 posts · Feb 2010
Scotland
Hi Juggledad;
Thanks for this bugfix. I managed to get it working yesterday after a bit of fiddling about, and I have now got multiple comments on single pages. That had been annoying me for a while.
However, I am finding that the 'highlight author comments in different colour' option in ATO > 'style and configure COMMENTS' doesn't seem to work on the single pages. I think it's still OK on the multi-post pages, but single-post comment replies all seem to be in the default comment colour, e.g. here.

I'm using WP 2.9.2 and Ata 3.4.6.
Old May 30, 2010, 10:13 PM
Mz More

6 posts · May 2010
Can someone please help me. I am very new to all of this. My comments were working before but now comments are producing 404 errors. Every time someone tries to submit a comment, the page refreshes and it doesn't go through. I even tested it myself. Please help, I am missing out on all of my comments.

www.theglamorousgleam.com
Old May 31, 2010, 04:21 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
see http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=6606
Old Jun 28, 2010, 02:25 PM
willwork

24 posts · May 2010
I replaced the comments.php file and added:
$post = get_post($comment->comment_post_ID);
where I thought it should go -the lines numbered didn't match up

My blog is now blank when I load it up.
I tried to put the original comments.php file back - still blank
I also put the original comment-template.php - No Joy - blank blog - any ideas?
I'm using Atahualpa 3.5.1
Wordpress 3.0
Old Jun 28, 2010, 02:27 PM
willwork

24 posts · May 2010
Even worse - I can't even log in to the blog - everything is a blank white page. Anybody help me on this one?? nightmare
Old Jun 28, 2010, 03:14 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
download a fresh copy of the Atahualpa (version of you are using) unzip it and ftp a fresh copy of comments.php to the theme folder.

Did you make the change to the wordpress code along with the change to coment.php?
Old Jun 28, 2010, 03:21 PM
willwork

24 posts · May 2010
Thanks - that got it back up.

With the latest version of Atahualpa - what is necessary to have comments appear on a static page that's set as the homepage?
Reading Settings:
Front Page displays a static page
Front Page: Home

In the Loop, I've included this conditional:
Code:
<?php if ( is_front_page() ) {
query_posts('posts_per_page=1'); 
} ?>
Old Jul 29, 2010, 04:52 PM
Misa

16 posts · Feb 2010
I'm sure this is a really stupid question but here goes...

We normally have comments turned off on our site's pages. I've just gone back in and tried to turn comments back on within one particular page that had them previously turned off (Allow Comments box unticked, re-ticked the box). After updating and refreshing, the comment box isn't displaying. (Dumb question part!) Will the fixes listed above help in this particular scenario? Sorry and thanks in advance.

I'm using WP 2.9.2
Atahualpa 3.4.6

EDIT: Went in and made the Wordpress code update and replaced the comments.php listed above in the theme folder. That pesky comment box still isn't appearing. Grrr. This is the page in question: http://www.selfdirectedsupportideasf...tival-of-ideas

I guess I could always try remaking the page? Bleh.

Last edited by Misa; Jul 29, 2010 at 05:08 PM. Reason: Tried it out.
Old Jul 29, 2010, 05:19 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Check and make sure ATO>Style & configure comments>Allow comments on "Page" pages, too? is set to yes.
Old Jul 29, 2010, 06:01 PM
Misa

16 posts · Feb 2010
No wonder! *smacks forehead*

I didn't think to check anywhere else as I've consistently made new posts and forgot to untick the "Allow comments" and had to go back in to change it. Never thought it was any different for pages.

You guys rock, as always. We need to clone you and Juggledad.