Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

How to not have Google index my sidebar data?

Old May 5, 2009, 09:53 PM
gabrielnovo

3 posts · May 2009
It seems when Google crawls my site, the information it pulls up is from my left sidebar (which is a twitter feed) as opposed to my posts (center). How do I get it to skip that portion and index the main content on my site?

I've searched the forums and couldn't find something along these lines. Thanks in advance for the help.
Old May 5, 2009, 10:11 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Google should and probably does spider your whole site. Atahualpa is not source ordered if you mean that. The left sidebar comes before the middle column in the source code. The order is not reversed. Source ordered code requires a fully CSS based layout. But in a fluid layout that will lead to dropping sidebars in IE6 if the content in the sidebar is too wide, and overall less stability than the type of table/CSS based layout that Atahualpa is using.
Old May 5, 2009, 10:58 PM
gabrielnovo

3 posts · May 2009
That means the only viable alternative is to change the layout to center column, and two sidebars on the right side?

If so, is that easy to accomplish with this theme?
Old May 5, 2009, 11:03 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Quite easy, anther benefit of the layout method http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=168
Old May 6, 2009, 02:05 AM
gabrielnovo

3 posts · May 2009
Your instructions worked flawlessly. I also appreciate your explanation as to why it was appearing in Google in that fashion. Thank you so very much for your quick and correct assistance.

My site looks great now and will show the posts as it's content, not the Twitter ramblings.

Do you by any chance know if the sidebar shuffling will be an automated process in the future?
Old May 6, 2009, 06:46 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Yes but I was not able to include it in 3.3.3 which I am releasing later today