Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

How can I alter index.php to omit certain post data?

Old Oct 4, 2010, 07:05 PM
David Crowther

1 posts · Oct 2010
Hello. I am relatively new to Wordpress and web dev in general. However, I was wondering how I could alter the index.php template in such a way so as to omit the post data from specific posts.

What I've done is create an "if (in_category())" so that it will format one way if the posts belong to one category and will remain unchanged if they are in any other category. I want to omit the Author, Date and Category data from the specified category posts but leave all of the other formatting intact.

Is this possible? I was hoping to to simply use the existing code:

<?php bfa_center_content($bfa_ata['content_inside_loop']); ?>

and simply tell it to omit the specific post data. However, I couldn't find anything that allowed me to do this.

Any ideas/help would be appreciated.

Best,
David
Old Oct 4, 2010, 07:17 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
The Atahualpa theme gives you a theme option 'The Loop' where you can code php and alter 'the loop' processing. There is no need to change any of the theme's code. see the section 'Style & edit CENTER COLUMN'