Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Widgets not automatically styled like theme in update

Old Mar 2, 2011, 11:46 PM
Sundrop

14 posts · Dec 2009
Since I updated to Atahualpa 3.6.4, I find that links, etc. are not styled in widgets the same way they are in the rest of the theme.

I've had to go in and set the CSS for the widgets so that the look there matched the rest of the site.

Is there a reason that it is better or necessary for 3.6.4 to be this way as opposed to the way it used to be?

Thanks.

Last edited by Sundrop; Mar 2, 2011 at 11:48 PM.
Old Mar 3, 2011, 03:35 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
please go to ato->export/import settings and export your settings, then attach them to a reply. That way I can take a look in 3.5.3 and 3.6.4 of your settings and see what you mean.
Old Mar 3, 2011, 08:48 AM
Sundrop

14 posts · Dec 2009
I added this to the CSS so that the site would behave as it had under the previous version of Atahualpa:

.widget .entry-meta a:link {font-weight: bold;}
.widget .entry-summary a:link {font-weight: bold;}
.widget .byline a:link {font-weight: bold;}
.widget h2.entry-title a:link {font-weight: bold;}
.widget .textwidget a:link {font-weight: bold;}
Attached Files
File Type: txt ata-exportsettings-20110303.txt (22.4 KB, 1355 views)
Old Mar 3, 2011, 08:05 PM
Sundrop

14 posts · Dec 2009
And I should add that I appreciate your interest and willingness to take a look at it, juggledad. Thanks.
Old Mar 4, 2011, 04:50 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
The issue you are seeing is because of an enhancement to the code. See BUGFIX 361-03: Allow Tag widget links to use Atahualpa widget link styling.
Old Mar 4, 2011, 09:45 AM
Sundrop

14 posts · Dec 2009
Thank you, juggledad.

I may use the fix recommended there, or perhaps I'll note it for future use in case it's needed since I have fixed my immediate issue with additions to CSS.

I have wondered if this was related to this issue mentioned in this other thread of tables not being styled the same in widgets as they are in the rest of the theme.

Thank you again.
Old Mar 4, 2011, 10:48 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
The problem with styling widgets is that Flynn (the developer of Atahualpa) has no control of what other people use as their naming conventions. If the widget creates a class of 'banana-frog' there is no way to predict that that class name will be used. This is why, when you go to style a widget, FireBug in FireFox can be your friend. You can see the CSS being used, the ID's and classes, so you can construct the CSS Insert you need.